I failed high school and I worry I’ll never be successful? Watch

Jade0919
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I guess I am scared.
I’m not here to feel sorry myself but just to explain my circumstances for feeling like this. I am from what would be called a ‘poor area’. I never paid attention through my high schooling years and only just passed year 11/12. I am in a Finance role with my boss pushing me to start my Finance and Mortgage Broking certification. I love the idea of being able to run my own business. This intrigues me though I am scared with my limitations in this respect. I am scared as I don’t know my maths. I don’t know percentages or decimals or simple times (to an extent) - basic things most people know.
I am 21 years old now and I don’t know where to begin. I worry I’ll be a failure forever and won’t make it out of this **** town and make something of myself.
I guess I just need motivation or for someone to say it’ll be okay. I don’t know where to begin.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jade0919)
I guess I am scared.
I’m not here to feel sorry myself but just to explain my circumstances for feeling like this. I am from what would be called a ‘poor area’. I never paid attention through my high schooling years and only just passed year 11/12. I am in a Finance role with my boss pushing me to start my Finance and Mortgage Broking certification. I love the idea of being able to run my own business. This intrigues me though I am scared with my limitations in this respect. I am scared as I don’t know my maths. I don’t know percentages or decimals or simple times (to an extent) - basic things most people know.
I am 21 years old now and I don’t know where to begin. I worry I’ll be a failure forever and won’t make it out of this **** town and make something of myself.
I guess I just need motivation or for someone to say it’ll be okay. I don’t know where to begin.
Ask your boss if you can start it after you get either GCSE Maths or imo do Functional skills maths as that is shorter and you can do it online. That will teach you just the Maths you need. That will give you enough confidence to do the exams.

Your local college should do it for free or some do it online.
Example
https://www.bksb.co.uk/products/what...tional-skills/
https://www.leedscitycollege.ac.uk/c...tional-skills/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (44)
33.08%
No I don't (62)
46.62%
I work during the holidays (27)
20.3%

Watched Threads