The Student Room Group

Will my passed GCSE results affect my chances of getting into university

I have only got 4 GCSEs however I need 5 for all universities:colone:nglish language - grade cEnglish literature - grade b Design technology - grade cMaths - grade b Can I get into university with these GCSEs ? however , I am targeted D*D*D in my course a collage would this be useful when applying to universitiesAlso does it show that you have improved ? From getting c-bs to distinctions ?? Please let me know if I have any chance :smile:
You need to speak to the universities you're planning to apply to and ask if they'll consider you.

Did you get any other GCSEs with lower grades (D-G grades are still a pass) or did you only sit 4 GCSEs? If you only sat 4 subjects why was that?
Original post by Jennifer Adams2s
I have only got 4 GCSEs however I need 5 for all universities:colone:nglish language - grade cEnglish literature - grade b Design technology - grade cMaths - grade b Can I get into university with these GCSEs ? however , I am targeted D*D*D in my course a collage would this be useful when applying to universitiesAlso does it show that you have improved ? From getting c-bs to distinctions ?? Please let me know if I have any chance :smile:

It depends where you are applying and what for i.e look at entrance requirements.

Some unis pay attention to GCSE, they nearly all require GCSE Maths and English, they may then require grade 5 or 6.
As for your BTEC then again you have to check entrance requirements. You dont say what the btec is in, but if you see a uni you want and you are worried then just ring admissions and check they will consider your application before you waste any time.
Hi, thank you for your reply :smile:
I am doing a business studies btec and I have looked into a lot of universities however, I would like to study business management and I always need 5 GCSEs even thou I have 4. Pretty much all undergraduate courses I looked into I do meet the entry requirements although, the university entry requirements it's self I don't meet due to the 4 GCSEs and not 5 :smile:
I sat in total 8 GCSEs however I passed 4 with 4-6 although the ones I failed I only achieved 3s :smile:
Thank you for replying
Reply 5
Universities may consider you for a foundation year if you cannot get onto year 1 entry, but if you speak to some of the universities (over the phone) and explain your situation, they will be able to provide you with more detail about what you could do.
Why not take a further GCSE possibly business to make up the 5. Surely if you are good enough to get D*D*D* you should be able to pass a GCSE. Did you take any BTEC level 2 in anything you could use.
Original post by swanseajack1
Why not take a further GCSE possibly business to make up the 5. Surely if you are good enough to get D*D*D* you should be able to pass a GCSE. Did you take any BTEC level 2 in anything you could use.

Sadly I went straight on to level 3 from my GCSEs
Thank you for replying :smile:
Also how can I sit a business GCSEs :smile:?
Would I have to pay and study along side my previous btec ?
Thank you, again.
Sadly I went straight on to level 3 from my GCSEs
Thank you for replying :smile:

You could take a GCSE next summer to take you up to 5. Look into Business or anything else that interests you such as Economics
Also how can I sit a business GCSEs :smile:?
Would I have to pay and study along side my previous btec ?
Thank you, again.

You might have to pay for it and take it as a private student. Discuss it with your school or college. They might help you when you explain the problem.

Quick Reply

Latest