TSR Poll of Polls Week 3: 1 month to go! What's your vote? Watch

Poll: Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?
Conservatives (219)
19.24%
Labour (487)
42.79%
Liberal Democrats (216)
18.98%
Green Party (57)
5.01%
Brexit Party (30)
2.64%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.35%
SNP (17)
1.49%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.88%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.09%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.18%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (3)
0.26%
UKIP (13)
1.14%
Other (11)
0.97%
None (67)
5.89%
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Welcome to our third poll of polls in the lead up to the general election on December 12th! Doesn't time fly :lol:

Our first two polls have gone up, and the conversation surrounding them has been great to see. Today, we're only 1 month away from the Election, and things are hotting up on the campaign trail. Many, many promises are being made, such as Conservatives promising to cut overall immigration, both parties pledging to put the NHS first and the Brexit party not standing in certain Tory seats. Has any of this news had any affect on your voting preferences? Do you think you'll still vote for the party you thought you would now you're seeing more about what will be in their manifestos?

For those of you who haven't seen this before, we're capturing your votes every Thursday in the lead up to the election. Our awesome data analyst will be providing us some cool stats so we can see how the vote on TSR is looking, and comparing to the general trends.

Whether you've voted before or not, let us know what you're thinking!
Glaz
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
:woo:
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Plaid Cymru, apparently.
S1elyak1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am not voting for the party that I usually would because where I live it would be pointless as they would never win so instead I have chosen a party from the top two in the area who has the manifesto I prefer
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Still SNP. I'm not a die hard fan but no other credible options in Scotland. And if not for them I likely wouldn't have an education or medicines, so there's ongoing reminders we don't want the Blue & Red team.
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Despite being a Labour supporter, I am voting LibDem as its the only way to deflect the smug old-school Tory who has been MP in my constituency for far too long.
Neilos
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm continuing as a reluctant Conservative, and I imagine I'll still be one on the 12th of December.
1st superstar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
Welcome to our third poll of polls in the lead up to the general election on December 12th! Doesn't time fly :lol:

Our first two polls have gone up, and the conversation surrounding them has been great to see. Today, we're only 1 month away from the Election, and things are hotting up on the campaign trail. Many, many promises are being made, such as Conservatives promising to cut overall immigration, both parties pledging to put the NHS first and the Brexit party not standing in certain Tory seats. Has any of this news had any affect on your voting preferences? Do you think you'll still vote for the party you thought you would now you're seeing more about what will be in their manifestos?

For those of you who haven't seen this before, we're capturing your votes every Thursday in the lead up to the election. Our awesome data analyst will be providing us some cool stats so we can see how the vote on TSR is looking, and comparing to the general trends.

Whether you've voted before or not, let us know what you're thinking!
labour
Reversed Flash
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Labour all the way!
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Tory.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When will we start seeing the overall tracker please StrawberryDreams? Or have I misunderstood how the regular poll works?

Labour still showing a big lead in each poll amongst students. I feel a bit disappointed that we're not getting a stronger showing for Green, but there are obvious reasons in many areas why students would want to opt for Labour.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
When will we start seeing the overall tracker please StrawberryDreams? Or have I misunderstood how the regular poll works?

Labour still showing a big lead in each poll amongst students. I feel a bit disappointed that we're not getting a stronger showing for Green, but there are obvious reasons in many areas why students would want to opt for Labour.
I suspect the Greens peaked around the European elections in 14 in terms of popularity. In the mhoc we hold elections every six months and the mass PM means that they have a significant RL influence because nobody bothers to read the manifestos so they loosely tend to replicate the RL picture (Lib's often won between 05-09 and won the election in June just gone, Tories have done very well since about 2016, Labour had a string of victories beforehand). Anyhow, the Greens actually won (the only time they have) in the summer 2014 election and our mhoc eu parliament elections which we replicated.
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just encourage as many 18+ to get registered, and then to actually VOTE.

This is an election where the youth vote will have a real impact.
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)

The overall tracker of youth sentiment will be presented in a lovely big infographic after the election has finished I'll make sure to tag anyone who has posted.

We'll be looking at a mid point tracker next week, keep your eyes peeled!
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
The overall tracker of youth sentiment will be presented in a lovely big infographic after the election has finished I'll make sure to tag anyone who has posted.

We'll be looking at a mid point tracker next week, keep your eyes peeled
Coolio Iglesias.
spotify95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was going to vote BP but I guess I'll now vote Con. Rather have Con instead of Lab.

Then again, I'd rather have Lab instead of Lib.

And I'd much rater have anyone other than GREEN... Vote Green, say goodbye to your cars and watch train prices, electricity and gas prices soar...
JMR2019.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
labour
(Original post by Reversed Flash)
Labour all the way!
Thank you for your support comrades!
1st superstar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JMR2019.)
Thank you for your support comrades!
You're welcome
WarwickMaths281
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
LMAO at 42% voting for Jeremy Communist.
SlasherHacks13
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well... I’m in Asia. But if I was allowed to vote, I think I’d choose Labour.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (410)
43.66%
No (98)
10.44%
I'm not old enough (431)
45.9%

Watched Threads