The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil Machine Learning and Machine Intelligence

Has anyone of you applied to this course? How is the status of your applications? Mine has been under review by the department for almost 2 months and still no answer.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi Pagli

I applied in October and my referees submitted their references in early November. The status is now under review by department. Would you mind dropping a line here when the status updates or when you hear back from them?

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by wlc
Hi Pagli

I applied in October and my referees submitted their references in early November. The status is now under review by department. Would you mind dropping a line here when the status updates or when you hear back from them?

Thanks

Alright! I've read that they usually start interviewing from the second week of December for this programme. If that's accurate I think we might get an answer (hopefully an invite) within the next 2 weeks.
Best of luck!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Pagli
Alright! I read that they usually start interviewing from the second week of December for this programme. If that's accurate I think we might get an answer (hopefully an invite) within the next 2 weeks.
Best of luck!

Thanks. Best of luck! Yeah, I've read that "Applications are considered on a rolling basis as they are received, and it is possible that all places will be filled before the advertised deadline (January)." on their website. So I guess that we'll hear from them soon.
Reply 4
Original post by Pagli
Alright! I've read that they usually start interviewing from the second week of December for this programme. If that's accurate I think we might get an answer (hopefully an invite) within the next 2 weeks.
Best of luck!

Hi, I'm applying for this course too. I was wondering where you read this?
Reply 5
Original post by ndjkqdw
Hi, I'm applying for this course too. I was wondering where you read this?

If I remember correctly it was on this forum in another discussion. It’s not official though. Besides, I have a few friends who have applied for this course too, none of us have received an answer yet.
Reply 6
Has anyone heard anything beyond under review by Department for this course?
Reply 7
Original post by ndjkqdw
Has anyone heard anything beyond under review by Department for this course?

Not yet
Hey everyone,

I applied all the way back in September. Haven't heard a word except an email reminder to fill out the MLMI google form. Any updates from anyone?
Reply 9
Original post by Marikarumar
Hey everyone,

I applied all the way back in September. Haven't heard a word except an email reminder to fill out the MLMI google form. Any updates from anyone?

Still nothing
Do you guys have a strong first or publications?
Reply 11
Haven't heard anything..I'm still at uni but on a first. Not expecting an offer tbh
Last year a friend of mine, who has a very strong first in cs and one publication in ml, didn't even get an interview. So not expecting an offer either
Reply 13
Original post by Ioan2499
Do you guys have a strong first or publications?

I have a strong first but no publications. I don't think that publishing scientific papers at undergraduate level is a good idea, as they most likely won't be particularly good or advanced. I don't expect to get an offer from Cambridge, but I am looking forward to receiving an answer from UCL and Imperial for similar courses.
(edited 4 years ago)
I received an interview appointment just now. I was told to read a section of a paper and make 3 slides illustrating the main ideas.
Reply 15
Original post by marcoyang
I received an interview appointment just now. I was told to read a section of a paper and make 3 slides illustrating the main ideas.

Good job, and good luck for the interview! Could you tell me something about your background and what did you study at bachelor’s and where?
Original post by Pagli
Good job, and good luck for the interview! Could you tell me something about your background and what did you study at bachelor’s and where?

Thanks. I studied Computer Engineering in Germany. My GPA is fine, but my research experience isn't that strong. I had no publications:frown:. I finished my application at the end of November and I submitted the summary application form on 1.Jan.
Reply 17
Original post by marcoyang
Thanks. I studied Computer Engineering in Germany. My GPA is fine, but my research experience isn't that strong. I had no publications:frown:. I finished my application at the end of November and I submitted the summary application form on 1.Jan.

Well I have no research experience at all... Did you graduate already? I’m in a similar situation, except I’d say my GPA is almost as good as it gets, but I’m from an Italian university, which may not be considered as good...
Got an interview invitation this morning.
Original post by wlc
Got an interview invitation this morning.

Nice! What about your background?

Quick Reply

Latest