The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) 2020 applicants chat thread and FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone commuting to Sheffield Hallam from Leeds?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Is anyone commuting to Sheffield Hallam from Leeds?

Hi, congrats on your offer to study with us, this is a good place to post the reach other fellow commuting students so you're off to a good start! You can also chat to some of our current students on our chat platform to see if they have experience of commuting to uni. You can find more advice for commuter students including a link to our Sheffield Hallam Student Commuters Facebook group on this living at home page. Let me know if you have any questions about studying at Hallam or student life in Sheffield.
- Ella :h:
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi everyone I originally applied for nursing at Leeds and Bradford but didn’t get in I was looking for a foundation route and was offered biomedical science as a route in to nursing However I am really worried about how intense the foundation year will be and also the commute from Bradford and how many points or how the course is graded for me to progress further Onto nursing
Original post by Safa.k16
Hi everyone I originally applied for nursing at Leeds and Bradford but didn’t get in I was looking for a foundation route and was offered biomedical science as a route in to nursing However I am really worried about how intense the foundation year will be and also the commute from Bradford and how many points or how the course is graded for me to progress further Onto nursing

I was offered a foundation year at Sheffield Hallam, I searched a lot about it and asked students who are doing foundation year. It really isn’t that bad it’s just to get you prepared for year 1 and onwards
Thanks for replying Really do you know anything about the biomedical science foundation year and how easy it is to progress on to nursing
Thanks for replying Really do you know anything about the biomedical science foundation year and how easy it is to progress on to nursing

No worries, I don’t really know about biomedical science foundation year but overall about foundation years as that’s why they’re there

I know someone who’s going to Sheffield Hallam this year starting if you want their social media?
Yes please
Yes please

Yess sure, their insta is @aqeebfarooq
Snapchat is aqeebfarooq1
i accepted a founation year in health sports and social care at sheffield hallam university, its only 1 year. i would like to know how the transition process is to the degree..this foundation year doesn't go with the degree..it's separate, therefore would i be able to get into the degree if i pass the foundation year at the same university?(on the website it says that successulf completion can lead to my degree but my email says otherwise)im confused, help.
I have the same problem and I’m applying this year I have tried contacting the school no answer and I don’t know if I can progress on to other subjects and what I would need to achieve on the foundation year either
I have the same problem and I’m applying this year I have tried contacting the school no answer and I don’t know if I can progress on to other subjects and what I would need to achieve on the foundation year either

i will let you know what they say when i call them tomorrow. oh did you apply for the same uni as me for the same course?
No I applied for biomedical science with a foundation year but wanted to know what percent I would need to progress on to bio med and if I could also progress on to courses like nursing I hope you get through to them
Is anyone doing business and hr management?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending