Revision methods for a Yr 11 thats never really revised before... Watch

illegional
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi everyone

So I've never really revised before because admittedly I'm lazy. My mocks are in a couple of weeks and my actual GCSEs are in 17 weeks minus holidays and I've very suddenly woken up to the fact that I'm an idiot who's never taught himself how to revise. Could someone who has done or is doing the GCSEs I'm doing please tell me how you revised effectively for them? My subjects are:
English Language
English Lit
Maths Foundation
AQA Science Double Award (Phys, Chem and Bio)
Pearson BTEC IT
Religious Philosophy and Ethics (Philosophy, Christianity and Judaism)
Business Studies

My lowest predicted grade is a 3 in Spanish (although I am not too concerned about failing this) and my highest is a 6 in Business, any help on this is very much appreciated. Thank you!

rereereeereeee
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by illegional)
Hi everyone

So I've never really revised before because admittedly I'm lazy. My mocks are in a couple of weeks and my actual GCSEs are in 17 weeks minus holidays and I've very suddenly woken up to the fact that I'm an idiot who's never taught himself how to revise. Could someone who has done or is doing the GCSEs I'm doing please tell me how you revised effectively for them? My subjects are:
English Language
English Lit
Maths Foundation
AQA Science Double Award (Phys, Chem and Bio)
Pearson BTEC IT
Religious Philosophy and Ethics (Philosophy, Christianity and Judaism)
Business Studies

My lowest predicted grade is a 3 in Spanish (although I am not too concerned about failing this) and my highest is a 6 in Business, any help on this is very much appreciated. Thank you!
What I realised about GCSEs is that you shouldn’t necessarily work hard, work smart. Lots of gcse papers are very similar and there are specific types of questions that come up in every paper. The best way to revise is just to do loads and loads of past papers. Find a past paper in every subject online, do it and mark it. Repeat this process, ask your teachers if they have any, and do as many as you can because quickly you’ll see patterns in certain types of questions and the mark schemes. Hope this helps
Mannyreflec
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi. all I want to say is that you still have time and the key to getting good grades is to relax first and then start working, don't start working with stress otherwise you'll be looking at a book and reading a blank piece of paper.For the English Language, I have established my own Blog where you will learn techniques to analyse quotations, however, keep in mind just like in maths you will only get better if you practice it. For Maths, I personally use Maths genie and just maths which are really good websites with a really good question and when I struggle I go to youtube. If you are ever panicking go to youtube or even sign up for a GCSEPod account which has different pods about different subjects pretty much about everything to be exact. Also, keep in mind just like my teachers do you need to work smart not hard and that comes from practising exam questions and going back through what you have done in the past.I hope I was able to help.
Last edited by Mannyreflec; 3 weeks ago
teeras8
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have the same problem lol my mocks are after the holidays and i kinda dk how im gonna manage revision cuz i dk where to start
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 12 Dec '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?