CPNICO
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'd appreciate advice: I've just been sent a Travel Grant claim form by Student Finance who say I'm entitled to claim. I've been at Uni abroad since September and didn't know I'd be entitled to this benefit. I've been spending at least 3 Euro a day, four times a week to travel to Uni but I've not kept the receipts up to now because I didn't know about the grant. Can I still claim for the travel since I started or can I only claim from now onwards (I'll keep the receipts in future)? Thank you.
Lynsey SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CPNICO)
Hi, I'd appreciate advice: I've just been sent a Travel Grant claim form by Student Finance who say I'm entitled to claim. I've been at Uni abroad since September and didn't know I'd be entitled to this benefit. I've been spending at least 3 Euro a day, four times a week to travel to Uni but I've not kept the receipts up to now because I didn't know about the grant. Can I still claim for the travel since I started or can I only claim from now onwards (I'll keep the receipts in future)? Thank you.
Hello,

We require copies of receipt in order to award the Travel Grant, as such we wouldn’t be able to fund your previous travel.

Thanks, Lynsey.
CPNICO
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lynsey SFE)
Hello,

We require copies of receipt in order to award the Travel Grant, as such we wouldn’t be able to fund your previous travel.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Thanks for your reply. Would copies of my bank statements showing the amounts spent be OK or do they have to be paper receipts from the machine?
Amy SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for your reply. Would copies of my bank statements showing the amounts spent be OK or do they have to be paper receipts from the machine?
Hi there,

We would normally require receipts or photocopies of receipts, however if you wish to send in any evidence you have with a cover letter to explain you do not have the evidence our assessors will review this. However it is not guaranteed this will be accepted. From now on if you keep the original receipts or photocopies and send them in with the relevant Travel Abroad Expenses Form our assessors can process your claim.

You can find a copy of the Travel Abroad Expenses Form here.

Thanks, Amy
CPNICO
Rep:
?
Thanks. I have another question: I studied at university abroad for a term and will work for the rest of my year abroad in another country (both Europe). I received the form to claim for my travel "at place of study" and will apparently receive a separate form for my place of work. I realise I have to pay the first £303 of any travel claim but does this figure cover both my university study and work placement (unpaid)? I hope I don't have to pay the first £303 at university and then the first £303 of my unpaid work placement? Also, should I send both forms back together or send the study form back first. Thank you.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks. I have another question: I studied at university abroad for a term and will work for the rest of my year abroad in another country (both Europe). I received the form to claim for my travel "at place of study" and will apparently receive a separate form for my place of work. I realise I have to pay the first £303 of any travel claim but does this figure cover both my university study and work placement (unpaid)? I hope I don't have to pay the first £303 at university and then the first £303 of my unpaid work placement? Also, should I send both forms back together or send the study form back first. Thank you.
Hi, you shouldn't have to pay £303 twice. You can send both forms together if you want.
Thanks, Isaac.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (99)
5.09%
Uncertainty around my education (291)
14.97%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (205)
10.55%
Lack of purpose or motivation (272)
13.99%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (85)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (111)
5.71%
Loneliness (169)
8.69%
Financial worries (69)
3.55%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.42%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.56%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (171)
8.8%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (186)
9.57%

Watched Threads