(CURRENT DURHAM UNIVERSITY STUDENTS): Recruitment for Dissertation Participants

Watch
LillyBuona
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there

My name is Lilly and I am a third-year Sociology student starting to recruit participants for my dissertation. My project is focused on the thoughts, feelings and experiences of students with concealable disabilities and, specifically, how they construct their identity within the context of the Durham University Collegiate system.

This research involves documenting and analysing how students with self-identified concealable disabilities engage in “identity work”, i.e. how they communicate and conceptualise their identity. The aim is to understand better these students’ experiences as an underrepresented group. The design of the study will emphasis participants’ voices through the use of the following methods:

(1) an initial briefing on the study;
(2) the production of a scrapbook or diary documenting thoughts, feelings and experiences as a collegiate student at Durham over a period of four weeks (adjustable if necessary); and
(3) concluding interview in which we will discuss the creation and contents of the scrapbook/diary.

The downside of my research is finding people with concealable disabilities who have chosen to conceal them - making it a hard to reach group! If you have a concealable disability, and are currently studying at Durham University, and would like to get involved then please PM me.

Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (83)
26.18%
England (108)
34.07%
Belgium (27)
8.52%
Germany (38)
11.99%
Spain (5)
1.58%