username3255500
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I wanted to be a vet when I began my A levels , because I love animals and I am fascinated by anatomy and science. However, I am not actually that interested in performing surgery, when I was at work experience I kept watching the time go by etc.
I took a level chemistry and absolutely loved it, biology not so much. I am in Y14 as i swapped french for maths, I got a B in biology and a B in chemistry (3 marks off the A but remark didnt change.)
I want to do something with animals but also chemicals, and science. I don't have the grades for medicine so I will have to do a 3 year degree then use that for veterinary medicine.
Do you think bioveterinary science is a good route as I would work with animals and do lots of lab work?
If i decide i want to do veterinary medicine I can use my degree to apply for veterinary medcine anyway.
I can imagine that a veterinary lab technician is a hard job to get as it is out of the ordinary but I dont want to do something solely on chemistry or solely on veterinary surgery.
A bit like a vet pharmacist maybe???
Ponocky
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think thats a great idea - biovet is similar to vetmed but without surgery so seems perfect for you. A few people on my course did biovet as an undergrad to move onto vetmed. Go for it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads