The Student Room Group

Admission and IELTS

I am an international applicant whose mother tongue is not English.
I contained my IELTS overall score of 7.0 attained in January 2019 in UCAS application.

However, one course requires me to get 7.0 in “each” section, so I do not meet language requirement for this course, as my writing score is still 6.5.

Does this shortage lessen chances to receive offer?
Or, university does not consider this shortage at the time of decision and add conditions that I should meet by the time of entrance?
Reply 1
Original post by Hinatazaka
I contained my IELTS overall score of 7.0 attained in January 2019 in UCAS application.

However, one course requires me to get 7.0 in “each” section, so I do not meet language requirement for this course, as my writing score is still 6.5.

Or, university does not consider this shortage at the time of decision and add conditions that I should meet by the time of entrance?

Hi! You can give the IELTS again if you want, I am an international applicant aswell but I don't need to give it as I am doing IB english SL.
Original post by Hinatazaka

It won’t affect how you are considered. If you are made an offer, it will include an
English language condition, (usually to be met by sometime in August).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending