Help me out in choosing university Watch

Monishababu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Can anyone please help out me with good university for civil engineering masters in the great London location?
Munrhe
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi. Have you tried postgraduatesearch?
Monishababu
Rep:
?
yes I did. I have applied for few universities like Kingston, UEL and Northumbria, but just confused with choosing the appropriate one!
Munrhe
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Monishababu)
yes I did. I have applied for few universities like Kingston, UEL and Northumbria, but just confused with choosing the appropriate one!
I found that it helps a) to know what you want to do with the masters. Do you want to work or do a phd. If phd, does the university offer this and what do they offer. Is that what you want to do etc. You can search for phd by university. I think it should be easier to get a phd if you have done the masters as they know you. It is sometimes surprising what unis offer phds so suggest to search that. If you want to work after, either ask unis what experience and relationships they have with employers or contact your dream employer and ask them but before you do that b) read the specification very careful as they are all slightly different and you should chose the one that makes most sense for you c) go and visit the unis and speak to the tutors/professors as this should give you a good sense as to whether you will be supported (eg do they seem passionate etc). Hope that helps a little
Monishababu
Rep:
?
yeah thanks 👍
University of East London
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Monishababu)
Hi Monishababu

It's great to hear you've applied to study at the University of East London.

Our Civil Engineering courses are 3rd in London according to the Guardian University Guide league table 2018.
We've been offering postgraduate courses in Civil Engineering for more than 50 years so can offer you a wealth of expertise led by respected engineers and scientists with an impressive body of research.

Did you know we also offer the MSc Civil Engineering course as a two year masters to include an industrial placement year?

- Meg
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (161)
19.4%
Labour (422)
50.84%
Liberal Democrats (112)
13.49%
Green Party (46)
5.54%
Brexit Party (12)
1.45%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.72%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)