Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm worried I'm that I am going to fail my GCSE'S and I don't know how to revise. Please give me tips!
TariqLaiba
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,

You will not fail always try to look at things in an optimistic manner. My top revision would be

-Keep study sessions 30mins-1hr long
-Prioritise subjects you feel like your lacking in
-Go over everything you did in class
-Get a good break after study
-Go outside and enjoy the fresh air as this will help with positive emotions
-Drink alot of water, a hydrated brain functions better

These are my tips, feel free to ask anything if needed
Deskilz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don't worry. Constantly worrying is a silent killer, and wastes time that can be spent on revision. Don't think you are going to fail, forget about everything else and just focus on revision! Revise topics that you are weak on, and revise questions that you have made mistakes on in previous tests. If you are still worrying, I would just recommend telling your teacher. You might think teachers cannot help, but they can give you invaluable advice and really help you get it done and over with. I'm sure you'll do well... It's only up to your commitment to studying that can mke the difference!
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello
Don’t worry I was scared when I was doing my GCSE’s as well (I’m in year 12 now )
My grades
2 9’s
3 8’s
6 7’s

This is how I revised:

Science
I used a technique called blurting or active recall this is when you open a page of a book you want to revise (e.g. cell division) and your read it and actually try to understand what you are reading. Then close the book and on a blank sheet on paper write down everything you can remember (it doesn’t matter if you have missed anything out)
Then when you have written down EVERYTHING you can remember, open your textbook and in a different colour pen write down everything you have missed out. When you finish your page you will be able to see everything that you are confused about or don’t remember and you will focus on those more the next time you blurt. (However also make sure to read over your blurting sheets regularly maybe once every few weeks for a single page) so That you don’t forget the things you could remember the first time you blurted. This is SO helpful. Also make sure you do practice questions and tests and things like that. When you do a question and you get it wrong check the mark scheme and use the mark scheme answers into your notes as they are likely to repeat the type of questions that will come up in your GCSEs.
Also use the internet for example free science lessons, Seneca, bbc bite size and primrose kitten.

English lit
Make sure you remember all of your quotes you could use flash cards to help you with this. Also use me bruff and mr salles they are both you tubers . Also what I did was at around December and January I would take some essays for my teacher to mark for example poetry comparisons and jekyll and Hyde blah blah so that if the essays you prepared comes up in the real exam you will have lots of essays ready (don’t learn them word by word just the explanations and context and things like that are really important or get you high marks) I would take these essays to my teacher until I had nothing else to improve on. I ended up writing a essay for the character of Hyde from J&H and I got a grade 9 and he actually came up in the real exam!

English language:

Learn structures and timings for each questions sorry I can’t actually remember any of them because it was such a long time ago but I’m sure your teacher would have given you some. Also make sure to use high level vocab (form your teachers or the thesaurus ) which also gives you really high marks for example plethora and cornucopia both meant a lot of things and I also used to use those

Maths
Use YouTubechannelsand make sure you do lots of practise questions there is no point In making notes for maths maybe just make flash cards for any equations you need to know and the ones you won’t be given in the real exam. Also use maths genie maths watch and other websites like that They are soooo helpful

Heavy content subjects eg essay based subjects like history psychology etc

Do blurting for these harder topics and make sure to do essay plans as well also take days for your teachers to mark and keep annoying them and making them give you feedback on them until you get full marks .

Bye and good luck with your mocks
khadijajahanx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much xx
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by khadijajahanx)
Thank you so much xx
Your welcome
Actually Seneca can be used for any subjects it’s just the best for science
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (151)
19.28%
Labour (396)
50.57%
Liberal Democrats (109)
13.92%
Green Party (41)
5.24%
Brexit Party (10)
1.28%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.51%
SNP (14)
1.79%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.51%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.77%
SDLP (1)
0.13%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.51%
UKIP (8)
1.02%
Other (6)
0.77%
None (29)
3.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise