The Student Room Group

In your opinion was this a rejection?

I asked a female friend that I like if she was up to go grab something to eat. She told me

“I would have love to, but I’m already preparing my meal. You should have told me earlier!”
Reply 1
You should have followed up with "how about tomorrow then?" then you would have known if she had rejected you. From your post she may have rejected you or she might be telling the truth that she was already preparing her meal.
Not sure.
If you had replied with "can I come and sample what your cooking is like" or "do you want to have lunch/dinner with me tomorrow"- her response would have been a lot easier to interpret.
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
Not sure.
If you had replied with "can I come and sample what your cooking is like" or "do you want to have lunch/dinner with me tomorrow"- her response would have been a lot easier to interpret.

She has rugby tomorrow night. Which is the truth because she told another friend of ours.
Reply 4
I am almost certain that this is not a rejection. The key bit is the 'you should have told me sooner!'

Try again, and in good time.
Reply 5
Original post by gjd800
I am almost certain that this is not a rejection. The key bit is the 'you should have told me sooner!'

Try again, and in good time.

I see.

I don’t even know if she took it as me asking her out.

I asked if she was up to get a meal together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending