sakthar23
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
A chemical reaction is first order with respect to compund X and second order with respect to compund Y.

i. Write the rate equation
ii. What is the overall order of this reaction?

Can someone please explain what's the difference between the rate equation and the overall order of the reaction?
fiya77
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sakthar23)
A chemical reaction is first order with respect to compund X and second order with respect to compund Y.

i. Write the rate equation
ii. What is the overall order of this reaction?

Can someone please explain what's the difference between the rate equation and the overall order of the reaction?
the rate equation is the equation where you put the compounds with their relative orders (written as powers) rate =k[X][Y]^2 and the overall order is just a number - the sum of the orders so is 3.
sakthar23
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by fiya77)
the rate equation is the equation where you put the compounds with their relative orders (written as powers) rate =k[X][Y]^2 and the overall order is just a number - the sum of the orders so is 3.
Thank you
crappyappy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
baby wark
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
29.44%
No - I have already returned home (24)
12.18%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (44)
22.34%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (18)
9.14%
No - I live at home during term anyway (53)
26.9%

Watched Threads