Viennaaxo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
So I started my first ever nursing placement (first year nursing student) last Monday. And my hands have been so dry , and yesterday they started going extremely red and today they’re so red and dry and painful, up to the point of my wrist where the gloves end when I wear them. I bought some E45 moisturiser (Ik I should have started using moisturiser when I first started but I didn’t think!) and at first it burned a little but now it’s fine. But my concern is that they’re sooo red!! It looks like some form of allergic reaction but not sure what to? I don’t believe I’m allergic to latex , however once when I used a condom it burn when I peed after sex. Has any other nursing or medical student ever had something like this? Thanks in advance !
Hannah._.isobel
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
It sounds like you’ve got a latex allergy,use e45 until the redness goes down but if it doesn’t obviously go to your doctor to ask about it and I’m pretty sure any medical clothing/equipment place will sell latex free gloves
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Are the gloves latex? Most clinical areas I've been in use non latex gloves for day to day use because of latex allergies.

Either way, speak to occupational health, they’ll be able to have a look at what’s causing your sore hands and sort it out for you.
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by moonkatt)
Are the gloves latex? Most clinical areas I've been in use non latex gloves for day to day use because of latex allergies.

Either way, speak to occupational health, they’ll be able to have a look at what’s causing your sore hands and sort it out for you.
agree totally

( and finally i'm not PRSOM for moonkatt! )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (64)
14.75%
I'm not sure (16)
3.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (146)
33.64%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.61%
I'm not a current university student (201)
46.31%

Watched Threads