The Student Room Group

Non-white people have it hardest in dating

I never spoken about this before in case some people may take the wrong way but for so many years I’ve realised that non-whites have a lot harder when it comes dating then white people. Does anyone who’s POC could relate been through this phase?

I’m half Black and half White but I look more Black than White. I was very self-conscious with myself especially in my teenager years because Eurocentrism is considered more desirable and attractive. I used to wipe lemon on my skin, use the hair straighteners, chew gum to wider my jaw and make my lips appear smaller in photographs but I eventually grew out of it because I was doing myself no favours.

I’ve noticed in recent years that interracial relationships are becoming more common than ever compared to the amount I see like 10 years ago especially amongst the younger generation however I’m still not getting any luck. For years I thought I wasn’t attractive because of my skin but recent I realised I’m just not attractive regardless of my skin.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnxiousAtypical
I never spoken about this before in case some people may take the wrong way but for so many years I’ve realised that non-whites have a lot harder when it comes dating then white people. Does anyone who’s POC could relate been through this phase?

I’m half Black and half White but I look more Black than White. I was very self-conscious with myself especially in my teenager years because Eurocentrism is considered more desirable and attractive. I used to wipe lemon on my skin, use the hair straighteners, chew gum to wider my jaw and make my lips appear smaller in photographs but I eventually grew out of it because I was doing myself no favours.

I’ve noticed in recent years that interracial relationships are becoming more common than ever compared to the amount I see like 10 years ago especially amongst the younger generation however I’m still not getting any luck. For years I thought I wasn’t attractive because of my skin but recent I realised I’m just not attractive regardless of my skin.

i used to wish i was white like in year 8-year10. cuz of my big lips and curly hair. wanted straight and small lips. but now that its all a trend and every1 fantsizes of it its calm. wouldnt wanna change now.

if ur attractive you'll pull regardless if ur white or not. some girls here can just smile and have a line of guys at their feet and they aint even white.

just learn to love yourself. i've seen meh people confident af so why are you all p*ssy.
what’s with these insecure black dudes today

Stop bumping thread half-an-hour after making them, please. Maybe there's a reason why you've not got any responses.
Original post by IH8Studying
what’s with these insecure black dudes today

frr
Doubt this is based on ancestral racial heritage or skin colour.
More likely connected to how many guys have a hard time getting replies from women or the type of women they want to date on some online dating sites.

My best friend was born in india, doesn't use social media and gets loads of guys trying to date her- online and face to face.
A male friend from trinidad is into 'no strings' and gets multiple hookups every weeknight from four different sites.
Sometimes more than a dozen on weekends.
Quite a few south asian friends on grindr seem to be getting a lot of attention.
Original post by Reality Check
Stop bumping thread half-an-hour after making them, please. Maybe there's a reason why you've not got any responses.

Huh?
Non-white people have it hardest.

Fixed your thread title
Has TSR now added a bump troll to the usual troll collection? :biggrin:
F*** off
Original post by londonmyst
Has TSR now added a bump troll to the usual troll collection? :biggrin:

Bump :wink:
F*** off

Chill out, at least this bump troll isn't vicious like Ttingtox.
Why don't you bump him back? :biggrin:
Bump, Bump!
Consider yourself out-trolled, Bump Troll. :tongue:
Original post by davesantana
i used to wish i was white like in year 8-year10. cuz of my big lips and curly hair. wanted straight and small lips.

Can kinda relate with this. I don't have a desire to be white per se, but my hair is so much hard work and it's like kinky curls as opposed to type 3 curls. Definitely want smaller lips, for various reasons, including they are bigger than what's socially acceptable/the big lip trend and I get made fun of :redface:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Obolinda
Can kinda relate with this. I don't have a desire to be white per se, but my hair is so much hard work and it's like kinky curls as opposed to type 3 curls. Definitely want smaller lips, for various reasons, they are bigger than what's socially acceptable/the big lip trend and I get made fun of :redface:

You’re both full Black so would’ve expected you to have big lips and curly. I’m half Black with curly pepper-grainy hair and quite big lips. I have White man’s nose and hairs all over my body including back and arms
Bump, Bump!
Consider yourself out-trolled, Bump Troll. :tongue:

Ah you win, I concede defeat
Reply 16
A male friend from trinidad is into 'no strings' and gets multiple hookups every weeknight from four different sites.
Sometimes more than a dozen on weekends.

These are females he's hooking up with?

Sorry, i'm going to need to see some sort of proof.
Original post by ANM775
These are females he's hooking up with?

Sorry, i'm going to need to see some sort of proof.

You're in luck.
He's hoping to get a publishing deal for an account of his hookup adventures.
He's also into spice, dirty photos and sex tapes- as are some of his hookups. :colonhash:
I can relate OP. I’m a black girl myself and used to straighten my hair to death in school to get guys to notice me (ridiculous I know but I was 15/16, I have since grown up)- and it did get me more attention... but my hair also fell out so there’s that. It is harder dating and I’ve definitely faced some issues myself but you will find someone who likes you for you regardless of your colour. Also to the people saying we’re insecure, perhaps - but what’s wrong with that and what’s it got to do with you? In today’s society I’m not surprised.
Multiple hookups or hookers? Damn autocorrect!

Quick Reply

Latest