Mc.Gregor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Essentially, my group in GCSE drama are devising a piece, we’ve set it on death row and we’re using the practitioner Bertolt Brecht. We’re having difficulty coming up with ideas for a scene with a guy who was wrongfully convicted and hung in wales in the 50s, his name was Timothy John Evans, can someone please give new and exciting ideas? Essentially i just need Brechtian techniques explained easily. ASAP please. Thank you very much.
FionaMacrae
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Brecht was my practitioner for Drama GCSE too. He liked to make things unrealistic and use placards and stuff. You could have one person play the welshman, saying 'I'm going to take you through what happened. The court said...' and have someone holding a sign that says 'prosecution' put across their description of events, and then the welshman says 'but what really happened was...' and someone else holding a 'defence' placard says what really happened.

Or everyone could circle around the welshman saying what he was convicted of while he shouts things like 'no! That's not true! It didn't happen!'.

Brecht was also fond of making parodies of songs for his plays. You could parodise a relevent song to describe what happened.

I did variations of all these for my devised piece. I hope this helps!
Mc.Gregor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by FionaMacrae)
Brecht was my practitioner for Drama GCSE too. He liked to make things unrealistic and use placards and stuff. You could have one person play the welshman, saying 'I'm going to take you through what happened. The court said...' and have someone holding a sign that says 'prosecution' put across their description of events, and then the welshman says 'but what really happened was...' and someone else holding a 'defence' placard says what really happened.

Or everyone could circle around the welshman saying what he was convicted of while he shouts things like 'no! That's not true! It didn't happen!'.

Brecht was also fond of making parodies of songs for his plays. You could parodise a relevent song to describe what happened.

I did variations of all these for my devised piece. I hope this helps!
thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
15.03%
I'm not sure (16)
3.64%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.71%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.59%
I'm not a current university student (202)
46.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise