The Student Room Group

Accidentally ran a red light

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lauradarbyy
I just wasn’t aware that new speed cameras had been installed and was trying to look where I was going as I was lost and was driving at the same speed as other traffic around me so yes it was my fault but I wasn’t intentionally speeding.
I drive very sensibly and have a black box to prove it. My insurance isn’t too expensive really.
Do you really think I’m safe?

Right... and you failed to notice a big yellow box staring you in the face?
Original post by RoyalSheepy
You, as a driver, have a responsibility to make sure you're not speeding at any time - regardless to if there is a speed camera present or not.

And yes, what you've described and pointed out is a proximity sensor.

Hi, I went past the traffic lights today and they have the little black box facing forwards (shown on photos) and another little black box with a small red dot facing the crossing itself, are these definitely just sensors and won’t take pictures of me? Also the lights changed to orange just as I was going over so am I definitely safe? Sorry anxiety is a nightmare.
Original post by Lauradarbyy
Hi, I went past the traffic lights today and they have the little black box facing forwards (shown on photos) and another little black box with a small red dot facing the crossing itself, are these definitely just sensors and won’t take pictures of me? Also the lights changed to orange just as I was going over so am I definitely safe? Sorry anxiety is a nightmare.

Small red dot is indicating that the sensor is triggered.

It hasn't even got a camera in there to take a picture, you're safe.

Quick Reply

Latest