laurennnxxx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi guys, is anyone applying for rgu midwifery for 2020 start?
ejm17x
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey! I’m not applying but I’m a first year student there if you have any questions😊x
laurennnxxx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
aww thank you! I haven’t heard anything back from them yet but if I get an interview I will probably ask some tips😂 but one thing i am wondering is what like is the timetable i know it’s pretty much every day but when is holidays etc zx
ejm17x
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by laurennnxxx)
aww thank you! I haven’t heard anything back from them yet but if I get an interview I will probably ask some tips😂 but one thing i am wondering is what like is the timetable i know it’s pretty much every day but when is holidays etc zx
Awww that’s no problem!! The timetable is actually really good, most weeks it’s 3/4 and a half days, I think every Wednesday but a few we have finished at 12pm! Quite a lot of Monday and Fridays off too which is good. Our holidays this year are 2 weeks at Xmas, 1 week in Easter, last week in June first week in July and then last week in August and first week of September xx
Nic-amb
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ejm17x)
Hey! I’m not applying but I’m a first year student there if you have any questions😊x
When you were applying etc .. , how long did it take the uni to make you an offer? Thanks
ejm17x
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Nic-amb)
When you were applying etc .. , how long did it take the uni to make you an offer? Thanks
My interview was the 9th of March and I got my offer on the 4th of april but I think it’s very varied in how long they take to send out offers x
laurennnxxx
Rep:
?
aw that actually is quite a good timetable i had heard its 9-4 monday to friday every week! I applied a few weeks ago constantly checking my emails, i’m in the secret community for midwives in the making group and noticed last year people got invited to interviews this time last year! I’m so nervous i don’t get in😔 where are you/where will you be on your first placement ? x
ejm17x
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
aw that actually is quite a good timetable i had heard its 9-4 monday to friday every week! I applied a few weeks ago constantly checking my emails, i’m in the secret community for midwives in the making group and noticed last year people got invited to interviews this time last year! I’m so nervous i don’t get in😔 where are you/where will you be on your first placement ? x
There’s only been a couple weeks where we have been in Monday to Friday I think so don’t worry lol! I was the same last year thought my phone might break the amount of times I refreshed my emails🤦🏻*♀️ honestly being nervous is horrible I know but you just need to have faith in yourself!! For my first placement I don’t know if we are allowed to say exactly but it’s community midwifery x
Last edited by ejm17x; 2 months ago
laurennnxxx
Rep:
?
haha that’s like me everyday! i’ve only applied to RGU also as it’s closest to where i live and couldn’t move away, so makes it even more worrying! ooo perth’s quite a distance away i’m sure it will be great good luck! xx
Chloe24601xx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey, you might not know but do you happen to know any universities that don’t require an a level science to get onto the midwifery? X
SarahJBell17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi guys, is anyone applying for rgu midwifery for 2020 start?
Yes I am, my application should be sent in the next few days, my pupil support teacher is just finishing my reference! So nervous. Have you applied any where else in Scotland!
Kyleelee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’ll be applying
Hope to have my application in by tomorrow....when do you think we will hear if we have an interview?
ejm17x when did you hear? X
laurennnxxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarahJBell17)
Yes I am, my application should be sent in the next few days, my pupil support teacher is just finishing my reference! So nervous. Have you applied any where else in Scotland!
I’m unsure as I’m in a facebook group and this time last year some people had got their interview invitations! I know a few other girls who have applied and not heard anything yet so maybe waiting til after the deadline?? x
laurennnxxx
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarahJBell17)
It’s so nerve wracking! I haven’t applied anywhere else just RGU due to travel commitments etc so I’m really hoping I get in! Have you applied to any others?? x
ejm17x
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Kyleelee)
I’ll be applying
Hope to have my application in by tomorrow....when do you think we will hear if we have an interview?
ejm17x when did you hear? X
I sent my application on the 3rd of Jan, got my interview invitation on the 16th of Jan, interview was 9th of March and offer came through on the 4th of April x
Kyleelee
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I sent my application on the 3rd of Jan, got my interview invitation on the 16th of Jan, interview was 9th of March and offer came through on the 4th of April x
Thanks! A whole month to wait after the interview! That must have felt like aaaages. Was it in a group? How have you found the course so far? Do you find out your first year placements in one go or just get them just before you’re due to start? How many people are getting places like the islands Shetland etc?

Laurennnxxx I’m just applying to RGU too due to travel, children etc x
Last edited by Kyleelee; 2 months ago
laurennnxxx
Rep:
?
Thanks! A whole month to wait after the interview! That must have felt like aaaages. Was it in a group? How have you found the course so far? Do you find out your first year placements in one go or just get them just before you’re due to start? How many people are getting places like the islands Shetland etc?

yep aberdeen is just an hours drive away so if i got accepted i’ll be doing that as i wouldn’t want to move away from my family / relationship etc as glasgow or edinburgh would be 4 hours away! x
ejm17x
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

Your welcome! And yeah it was the most horrendous wait ever as I got rejected from Napier and was on the reserves for UWS😟 it was a group interview yeah! Ive loved it so far but they aren’t lying when they say it’s full on. Yeah you find them all out in one go! I think there’s a few people maybe 5-10 are going places like that x
Kyleelee
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Your welcome! And yeah it was the most horrendous wait ever as I got rejected from Napier and was on the reserves for UWS😟 it was a group interview yeah! Ive loved it so far but they aren’t lying when they say it’s full on. Yeah you find them all out in one go! I think there’s a few people maybe 5-10 are going places like that x
Do you mind me asking where you’ve got? It’s such a wide area to cover!

I bet it is full on! No one really believes you until you go through it esp on placement when you’re essentially working full time, have essays due and maybe fitting in some paid work too! (I’m already a nurse and did my training 9 years ago so defo understand!) x
ejm17x
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Do you mind me asking where you’ve got? It’s such a wide area to cover!

I bet it is full on! No one really believes you until you go through it esp on placement when you’re essentially working full time, have essays due and maybe fitting in some paid work too! (I’m already a nurse and did my training 9 years ago so defo understand!) x
I’m not sure I’m allowed to say exactly where but all of mines are in tayside! Yeah I am very stressed about the thought of having essays due and being on placement🥴 x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.75%
No (265)
33.25%

Watched Threads