Unpopular Games you love Watch

noggins
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ANM775)
the music was terrible in this game. such a let-down

I hope when streets of rage 4 arrives the music is back on point. I enjoyed the first two, but with the new one still in the 2D style im not sure how it will stack up in this day and age as 2d games arn't really a thing anymore.

Then again, the saying does go "if i ain't broke, don't fix it.." ... I mean look what happened to Sonic......
Yeah, i hear ya. But we can't dispute 2D gaming has made a huge revival over past decade via digital downloads. Have you been following SOR4 progression with the recently announced composers? What's the solution to its gameplay? would you want the studio to bring out a 3D brawler instead?
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by noggins)
Yeah, i hear ya. But we can't dispute 2D gaming has made a huge revival over past decade via digital downloads. Have you been following SOR4 progression with the recently announced composers? What's the solution to its gameplay? would you want the studio to bring out a 3D brawler instead?
I haven't been keeping super up to date with SOR4. Last I heard they were in talks to try and get the guy who did the soundtrack for SOR 1 and 2.

and I think in this day and age some sort of 3D brawler would have more mass appeal potential [as 2D is rather dated these days], but then again SOR might not work well with 3D so it is a risk. They are playing it safe by sticking with 2D and producing something that is close to the original in terms of looks and I can't really knock them for that as it was popular back in the day and will appeal to long terms fans. However it would be nice to see the franchise move with times a little more and try upgrade. In the cancelled original SOR4 [on dreamcast or sega saturn] it was in 3D. I'm curious to see how that would have turned out but they cancelled it before it was completed and never released the game.

Sonic hasn't really worked in 3D imo, so switching like that is always a risk.
I don't think i've played any of the 3D mario's but from looking at sales and how popular it is it seems to have successfully made the jump to 3D.

Back in the day where 2D was the norm Sonic and Mario were much much closer in terms of popularity, but these days Mario is clearly ahead.

The vast majority of games from that era if they are still around today have upgraded from 2D either to fully 3D or are 2D games with 3D elements. eg: Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter games, Final Fantasy or RPG's, Metroid ....etc

I just googled "best mega drive games" and clicked the first link and look what came out top https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/best-s...es-all-time/6/

I doubt the new SOR game will be able to make it anywhere near as high on a Best PS4 games list, ...but only time will tell eh....
noggins
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I just installed BioShock 2 and thought of this thread. Oh man, all that's changed since Part 1 is the main char & some weapons. What was all the hate about when it was modern?
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I just installed BioShock 2 and thought of this thread. Oh man, all that's changed since Part 1 is the main char & some weapons. What was all the hate about when it was modern?
Bioshock 2 was critically acclaimed and scores just as high in user reviews.
Modernist
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Gunner Heat PC
Castro Saint
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
There aren't any games that come to mind really, however COD Ghosts got unnecessary hate for its multiplayer I feel. Insignificant talking point when it comes to the wide scope of games out there, though.
TheMcSame
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm not sure if it'd be unpopular as such, but I'd go for RC Revenge. The reason why I say it might not be particularly popular is that I've literally never heard anyone say anything about it, while the game before it, Re-Volt, gets a lot of praise.

BioShock 2 got hate? Can't say I remember anything. In fact, I can't say I remember any significant amount of hate being directed towards the Bioshock series.
jasimnassar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nosgoth - an asymmetrical online multiplayer third-person shooter (Vampire vs Human) on techbigs. Unfortunately, the game was canceled as it had failed to captivate a broad audience.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jasimnassar)
Nosgoth - an asymmetrical online multiplayer third-person shooter (Vampire vs Human) on techbigs. Unfortunately, the game was canceled as it had failed to captivate a broad audience.
Loved The Legacy of Kain series.

Was real disappointed when they cancelled that other PS3 one too.

Hopefully the series will come back one day, but the reason the last one got pulled was because they suspected it wouldn't sell well so they don't see any point in developing them... as lets face it, they are a bit niche.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (200)
67.34%
No (97)
32.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed