bigben8
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Any other Ancient and Modern History applicants on here?

Surely I cant be the only one!
Hugh's Swan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Maybe you are - there were only just over 80 applicants last year!
bigben8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Hugh's Swan)
Maybe you are - there were only just over 80 applicants last year!
Yeah I might be! I knew it was a small course, but I thought there would be at least someone else on studentroom applying too
Ogwin123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by bigben8)
Yeah I might be! I knew it was a small course, but I thought there would be at least someone else on studentroom applying too
Yeah I'm applying this year. Hoping to hear about the interviews soon.
bigben8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Ogwin123)
Yeah I'm applying this year. Hoping to hear about the interviews soon.
Haha you're only the second person I've seen applying to read AMH!

Which college are you applying too?

I was told by Wadham that I should hear about interviews on next Friday.
Ogwin123
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Haha you're only the second person I've seen applying to read AMH!

Which college are you applying too?

I was told by Wadham that I should hear about interviews on next Friday.
I'm applying to Exeter college. There are so few of us anyways, let alone on the student room. Really hope I don't have to wait until Friday to find out, the anticipation is killing me. You're a mature student right? What did you get at A-Levels?
bigben8
Rep:
?
I'm applying to Exeter college. There are so few of us anyways, let alone on the student room. Really hope I don't have to wait until Friday to find out, the anticipation is killing me. You're a mature student right? What did you get at A-Levels?
I feel you, I'm hoping that decisions come out sooner than that!

Yeah I'm a mature student. Got AAA in Ancient History, Law and Economics, but I'm currently studying for another Mandarin A Level, which I'm predicted A* in.

What about you? What made you decide to study AMH? Have you done any specific preparation for the ancient history component of it?
Ogwin123
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I feel you, I'm hoping that decisions come out sooner than that!

Yeah I'm a mature student. Got AAA in Ancient History, Law and Economics, but I'm currently studying for another Mandarin A Level, which I'm predicted A* in.

What about you? What made you decide to study AMH? Have you done any specific preparation for the ancient history component of it?
I still a student, predicted 43 in IB, roughly equivalent to A* A* A in A levels. I want to study AMH for the ancient history component, as there are so many interesting areas of ancient history. For me, the modern history is just a great added bonus. In terms of preparation for the ancient history component I've read quite a few books on different areas of ancient rome and greece and well as written several coursework essay on Republican Rome. Honestly, I'm worried I'm lacking on the modern history component, even though I study it at school. What about you?
bigben8
Rep:
?
I still a student, predicted 43 in IB, roughly equivalent to A* A* A in A levels. I want to study AMH for the ancient history component, as there are so many interesting areas of ancient history. For me, the modern history is just a great added bonus. In terms of preparation for the ancient history component I've read quite a few books on different areas of ancient rome and greece and well as written several coursework essay on Republican Rome. Honestly, I'm worried I'm lacking on the modern history component, even though I study it at school. What about you?
For me my interest still lies mainly in ancient history, but I also want to explore modern history a bit too.

I did a lot on Greece/Rome at A Level, and I've read a few books on modern history since then, but again not as extensive as the books I've read on ancient history.
mundosinfin
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I know someone applying but am not applying myself (I applied for Classics and French) xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (86)
31.5%
Less motivated (187)
68.5%

Watched Threads