Like a girl at my uni, don’t know how to be with her? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Basically there is this girl at my uni who I like. I followed her on Instagram and we have over 20 mutual contacts she is in my year. We view each other’s stories and like each other’s photos, only thing is we’ve never once talked in person only see each other in passing in campus and we don’t initiate contact since we haven’t spoken in person even though we know who the other is. I’ve seen her a few times when I’ve walked by her on campus looking at me and smiling in a giddy sort of way. I’ve developed a huge crush on her and can’t find any society pages she’s liked so I can’t meet her that way. Would it be weird and creepy messaging her on social media? I’m not sure if it would or wouldn’t. I just really like her and think she likes me too.
tommy24719
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No, drop her a message. If she’s been liking your pics then I’d imagine she’s interested
Bogelles
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ooooo how exciting lol

Slide into them DMs and see if you two can hook up sometime and then you can find out more about her and what societies she's in and everything. Sounds like if you play your cards right you could be into a winner here.

So yeah go drop her a message
Daisy02
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tommy24719)
No, drop her a message. If she’s been liking your pics then I’d imagine she’s interested
Lol, boys overestimate interest massively - liking pics doesn't mean anything.

But if she's been smiling and clearly noticing you, then drop her a message - that way you can find out which societies she's in.
Don't you two ever bump into each other at nightclubs?
MedicPls
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
not creepy to message at all man

she could defo be interested and, assuming that she is single rn, remember that she won't be forever, so act fast!!

good luck
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I liked over 100 women in my first year at my university. At least 99 turned me down. 1 didn't.

Liking 1 woman is fine. You'll have a lot more chance of finding love if you like over 100 women.

See what happens with this 1 woman. In the meantime, keep your mind open and your attitude polite and warm and friendly. Hopefully you'll have a better click rate than I did...
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically there is this girl at my uni who I like. I followed her on Instagram and we have over 20 mutual contacts she is in my year. We view each other’s stories and like each other’s photos, only thing is we’ve never once talked in person only see each other in passing in campus and we don’t initiate contact since we haven’t spoken in person even though we know who the other is. I’ve seen her a few times when I’ve walked by her on campus looking at me and smiling in a giddy sort of way. I’ve developed a huge crush on her and can’t find any society pages she’s liked so I can’t meet her that way. Would it be weird and creepy messaging her on social media? I’m not sure if it would or wouldn’t. I just really like her and think she likes me too.
Why dont you just talk to her? say hello?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MedicPls)
not creepy to message at all man

she could defo be interested and, assuming that she is single rn, remember that she won't be forever, so act fast!!

good luck
From what I can tell I am 99% sure she is single. But we haven’t talked online or in person, we just follow each other’s social media and exchange likes and every once in a while we see each other on campus and obviously don’t acknowledge each other but we recognise each other and she often is with her friends and smiles and looks down in an almost giddy shy sort of way. Would it definitely be not creepy messaging? Just because we’ve never talked at all but do know each other on social media and we have 20 mutual contacts and she’s a 2nd year like me.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
From what I can tell I am 99% sure she is single. But we haven’t talked online or in person, we just follow each other’s social media and exchange likes and every once in a while we see each other on campus and obviously don’t acknowledge each other but we recognise each other and she often is with her friends and smiles and looks down in an almost giddy shy sort of way. Would it definitely be not creepy messaging? Just because we’ve never talked at all but do know each other on social media and we have 20 mutual contacts and she’s a 2nd year like me.
I don't understand why you don't just approach her and talk about something you both have seen or discussed on social media? Probably you are too shy? and maybe so is she? So it's over to you!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mgi)
I don't understand why you don't just approach her and talk about something you both have seen or discussed on social media? Probably you are too shy? and maybe so is she? So it's over to you!
Most of the time I see her it’s on campus in between classes and she’s usually with friends, and I’d have no idea what to say when approaching her like hi it’s me from Instagram? How weird does that sound? Just wish there was some place I could meet her and talk to her
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Most of the time I see her it’s on campus in between classes and she’s usually with friends, and I’d have no idea what to say when approaching her like hi it’s me from Instagram? How weird does that sound? Just wish there was some place I could meet her and talk to her
No. Just think this one through a bit more: You have a name! She has a name or some internet name that you know, right? She is not always going to be sitting in a row with her friends all looking in your direction at you. lol. So, this is what you can try: when you see her next, forget about yourself and your friends and approach her and introduce yourself briefly using your name and let her know that you have linked up on the internet. Then the following convo strategy: How is your course going? What course /class is best? Where can I find......? .Thank you. End of first meeting. Next meeting: How are you? How's it going? shall we meet up for lunch or coffee sometime today/ tomorrow/ whenever day?.. Ok good. End meeting. Third meeting at coffee/lunch- have some planned questions, not too nosy, and actively listen to what she says. Relax. Shy people do too much listening to their own body fears!
Set up a whats app etc link with her and use it to say hi and to arrange times to meet and chat. The idea is to gradually build a friendship without going too fast and being " weird"! Tactics need confidence and confidence grows with practice! Fears grow bigger when they are polished!
aciana
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Throw a party for her great Gatsby style and see if she comes
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mgi)
No. Just think this one through a bit more: You have a name! She has a name or some internet name that you know, right? She is not always going to be sitting in a row with her friends all looking in your direction at you. lol. So, this is what you can try: when you see her next, forget about yourself and your friends and approach her and introduce yourself briefly using your name and let her know that you have linked up on the internet. Then the following convo strategy: How is your course going? What course /class is best? Where can I find......? .Thank you. End of first meeting. Next meeting: How are you? How's it going? shall we meet up for lunch or coffee sometime today/ tomorrow/ whenever day?.. Ok good. End meeting. Third meeting at coffee/lunch- have some planned questions, not too nosy, and actively listen to what she says. Relax. Shy people do too much listening to their own body fears!
Set up a whats app etc link with her and use it to say hi and to arrange times to meet and chat. The idea is to gradually build a friendship without going too fast and being " weird"! Tactics need confidence and confidence grows with practice! Fears grow bigger when they are polished!
Would it not be really awkward if I approached her when she was with her friends? I’d rather approach her in person and get the ball rolling that way but only problem is I only see her every 2 weeks or so and I’m not prepared to let another guy ask her out before me. Would it still be fine to message her if I haven’t seen her in a week or so even though we haven’t talked before?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Would it not be really awkward if I approached her when she was with her friends? I’d rather approach her in person and get the ball rolling that way but only problem is I only see her every 2 weeks or so and I’m not prepared to let another guy ask her out before me. Would it still be fine to message her if I haven’t seen her in a week or so even though we haven’t talked before?
Yeah it’s worth a shot, what have you got to lose.

Then the next time you see her, you can go up and talk to her.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
But you said she is always with her friends? You could message her, but what will you say? Why do you only see her once every two weeks? What happens if she is with her friends next time you see her? this could go on for months couldn't it? I don't believe that people can do relationships by text! Someone, usually the guy, needs to take the initiative. Do you know what course she is on? and which days?
singzeon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you have been viewing her stories, maybe you could reply to one of them (if it's relatable - make sure it's not contrived / weird). From there, you can start chatting with her and gauge her interest level based on her replies to you. If it looks like you are chatting well with her, then maybe you can ask to meet her - instead of hoping / waiting to run into her. It sounds like you are wary of meeting her 'just like that' cos it may be creepy; if so then this may be better since it's kind of random, yet not really.

If she is cold in her messages then probably as someone said she doesn't have interest, she was merely viewing your stories (as she does with others), and her smile and stuff would not mean anything.

All the best.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mgi)
But you said she is always with her friends? You could message her, but what will you say? Why do you only see her once every two weeks? What happens if she is with her friends next time you see her? this could go on for months couldn't it? I don't believe that people can do relationships by text! Someone, usually the guy, needs to take the initiative. Do you know what course she is on? and which days?
She is always with her friends and I can’t control how often I see her as she isn’t on my course or in any societies I’m in. I don’t really want to do this by text but if I can’t see her often enough I might have to, I’m just wondering if she’ll be freaked out since we haven’t talked before and don’t know each other that well even though we’re at the same uni in the same year with mutual friends. She studied law I study history. No idea what her timetable is though
Anonymous #1
(Original post by singzeon)
If you have been viewing her stories, maybe you could reply to one of them (if it's relatable - make sure it's not contrived / weird). From there, you can start chatting with her and gauge her interest level based on her replies to you. If it looks like you are chatting well with her, then maybe you can ask to meet her - instead of hoping / waiting to run into her. It sounds like you are wary of meeting her 'just like that' cos it may be creepy; if so then this may be better since it's kind of random, yet not really.

If she is cold in her messages then probably as someone said she doesn't have interest, she was merely viewing your stories (as she does with others), and her smile and stuff would not mean anything.

All the best.
I doubt she was just being friendly because when I last saw her as soon as she spotted me look her way she smiled and looked down in a shy sort of way. And she likes most of my photos and views most of my stories so I’m pretty sure she’s into me. She’s really beautiful and seems like a nice girl I’m just not sure how to go about this but messaging might be an option
James the 3rd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you have any friends that Talk to her When they are with her Intervene and join the conversation and then message her about the thing you guys were talking about earlier.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by James the 3rd)
If you have any friends that Talk to her When they are with her Intervene and join the conversation and then message her about the thing you guys were talking about earlier.
Some of my friends know her in person hence the mutual contacts on social media but they aren’t talking to her everyday they’re not best of friends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (416)
43.97%
No (98)
10.36%
I'm not old enough (432)
45.67%

Watched Threads