frednewell
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
does anyone know of any good revision resources for cold war 1945-91 and the tudors 1485-1603???
username4168344
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by frednewell)
does anyone know of any good revision resources for cold war 1945-91 and the tudors 1485-1603???
https://www.senecalearning.com/blog/...hing-you-need/

Try the link above.
vanessaneilson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I'm a Y11 student and your question is actually pretty ironic since I have my Cold War mock exam in two weeks (and I'm on The Student Room instead of revising which is good progress)!
History revision is pretty personal to ones taste: some of my friends do flashcards and timelines of key events, some of them solely rely on Seneca to teach them the entire book, but for me, I'm one of those people who just take around a week to write notes on my laptop, highlight key points, print my notes out, sit down, and MEMORISE IT. It's just my personal preference since my memory's much better than most people (hence why I'm choosing History, Philosophy and English Literature for A-Level).
What I prefer with my method in comparison to simply doing a timeline and flashcards is that it's much harder to be able to tie key events together in your notes (e.g. the failure of ____ laid the foundation for ______, which consequently impacted ______ ). In addition, I just find it much easier to read full-formed sentences to understand an event and its significance in detail (especially important for the analytical narrative and significance Q's!!!)
I don't do the Tudors, so I hope I helped for the Cold War - but find your own personal preference for revising for history as it'll be a lot easier to revise that way!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (186)
15.41%
Uncertainty around my education (197)
16.32%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (117)
9.69%
Isolating with family (85)
7.04%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (46)
3.81%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (103)
8.53%
Loneliness (117)
9.69%
Financial worries (52)
4.31%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (110)
9.11%
Exposure to negative news/social media (89)
7.37%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (105)
8.7%

Watched Threads