madlad08
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am a Nepalese student and have offer from Uni of West London, Teesside Uni and Anglia Ruskin Uni. I know that these aren't the best of the uni's but they are my only options for January intake as I don't want to waste like 9 months waiting till September. So, which of these uni's would you suggest me joining?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would recommend waiting 9 months. It’s not a waste if it means you can take a much better course.
madlad08
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
I would recommend waiting 9 months. It’s not a waste if it means you can take a much better course.
(Original post by PQ)
What problems do you reckon I'll face if I join any of these universities?
standardolo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
whats wrong with the course
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by madlad08)
What problems do you reckon I'll face if I join any of these universities?
It’s not as much problems as the benefit from starting sooner won’t outweigh the costs of a rushed decision and extremely limited options.

If you only have 3 universities to choose from then the chances of finding the best course and university for you is massively reduced.

If you were looking at a September start which universities would you be considering.
madlad08
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
It’s not as much problems as the benefit from starting sooner won’t outweigh the costs of a rushed decision and extremely limited options.

If you only have 3 universities to choose from then the chances of finding the best course and university for you is massively reduced.

If you were looking at a September start which universities would you be considering.
If it were September, I would probably be looking at something like Nottingham Trent, UWE Bristol, Liverpool Hope or Manchester Metropolitan
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by madlad08)
If it were September, I would probably be looking at something like Nottingham Trent, UWE Bristol, Liverpool Hope or Manchester Metropolitan
Hey :shakehand:,

As already mentioned by others, it is best that you make the right decision now based on the course you actually want to study and the university you actually want to attend, rather than narrowing it down to universities you may not wish to study at. Although it may seem like a waste of 9 months, in the long run this may save you from retaking a year or changing university down the road because of unhappiness.

If you need any advice or information on studying Computer Science with us just let us know :five:

I hope this helps,

Tom
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (411)
43.72%
No (98)
10.43%
I'm not old enough (431)
45.85%

Watched Threads