Phoebe Buffet
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
What are the benefits of doing a study abroad program (undergrad)?
kitslee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think , the foremost benefits is to gain independency . You will be able to make decision making process all by yourself, Even though at some point you may make a wrong decision but you will learn from it and will be wise in future decisions . Secondly, you'll value Education , hardships and Money most importantly. In life, its really important to value things.
Sharing my own story, i come from a very developing country, i wanted to do my undergraduate abroad . But, since i come from a very protective family background, my family weren't open about me going to thousands of miles for a study when from their perspective, i can easily get a same degree from my own country , which ofcourse is far less expensive than going abroad to study. So, i settled studying in my own country for 4 years. I did my bachelors of science in nursing, fully sponsored by my family. i was unemployed during my whole years of undergraduate studies. While, my friends who went abroad and studied the same course as mine, are far more skilled, independent, mature. I agree, i did have a same degree as them but, it all depends on where you did your undergraduate also the foreign culture teach you to be open, to accept who you are and at the same time having fun regardless of how hard work you do . Its obvious, that you have to work on your own to make a living when you're abroad. because until and unless, you come from a very wealthy family, you can relax and not work. I wished i could've convinced my family at that time, so that now, i wouldnt have to face an employment difficulty while still dependent on my family for every expenses. Its not that i cannot really get a job, actually, the amount of salary the job offers you in my county is literally 500 times less than the salary a nurse make in a MONTH. Thats the Fact!!
Hence, even though it will be expensive to do undergrad in abroad, it will be worthit.
Phoebe Buffet
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by kitslee)
I think , the foremost benefits is to gain independency . You will be able to make decision making process all by yourself, Even though at some point you may make a wrong decision but you will learn from it and will be wise in future decisions . Secondly, you'll value Education , hardships and Money most importantly. In life, its really important to value things.
Sharing my own story, i come from a very developing country, i wanted to do my undergraduate abroad . But, since i come from a very protective family background, my family weren't open about me going to thousands of miles for a study when from their perspective, i can easily get a same degree from my own country , which ofcourse is far less expensive than going abroad to study. So, i settled studying in my own country for 4 years. I did my bachelors of science in nursing, fully sponsored by my family. i was unemployed during my whole years of undergraduate studies. While, my friends who went abroad and studied the same course as mine, are far more skilled, independent, mature. I agree, i did have a same degree as them but, it all depends on where you did your undergraduate also the foreign culture teach you to be open, to accept who you are and at the same time having fun regardless of how hard work you do . Its obvious, that you have to work on your own to make a living when you're abroad. because until and unless, you come from a very wealthy family, you can relax and not work. I wished i could've convinced my family at that time, so that now, i wouldnt have to face an employment difficulty while still dependent on my family for every expenses. Its not that i cannot really get a job, actually, the amount of salary the job offers you in my county is literally 500 times less than the salary a nurse make in a MONTH. Thats the Fact!!
Hence, even though it will be expensive to do undergrad in abroad, it will be worthit.
I meant study abroad as a part of the undergrad course. Like going to study in a different country for 1 semester as a part of the degree. But it's okay
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (198)
18.64%
Labour (549)
51.69%
Liberal Democrats (143)
13.47%
Green Party (59)
5.56%
Brexit Party (15)
1.41%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.6%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.66%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (4)