University of Bath Psychology BSc Applicant (2020)

Watch
curiousIBstudent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi!I am sending in my application for University of Bath (Psychology BSc C801) this week and I am currently in the IB and predicted a 38 with 7,6,6 at HL however I take maths studies and am only predicted a 6 Will this affect my application against other people who take maths standard? and how many people out of all the applicants gets accepted into the course? I am also a very sporty person and have made this clear in my personal statement. Will this boost my chances of getting accepted into the university? I've been stressing out a lot since I have wanted to go to the University of Bath for 4 years!!!!! Please let me know!Thank you!
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by curiousIBstudent)
Hi!I am sending in my application for University of Bath (Psychology BSc C801) this week and I am currently in the IB and predicted a 38 with 7,6,6 at HL however I take maths studies and am only predicted a 6 Will this affect my application against other people who take maths standard? and how many people out of all the applicants gets accepted into the course? I am also a very sporty person and have made this clear in my personal statement. Will this boost my chances of getting accepted into the university? I've been stressing out a lot since I have wanted to go to the University of Bath for 4 years!!!!! Please let me know!Thank you!
Hi there,
The typical IB offer for Psychology is 36 points overall and 7, 6, 6 in 3 higher level subjects, so your predicted grades would meet that. However, you would have to contact the admissions department for your course to find out if/how your maths would affect that.

The number of applicants that get accepted will also vary by year and due to other factors, so again there isn't much I could say on that.

In terms of being sporty and putting this in your personal statement, this won't necessarily benefit or impair your application. Bath is a very sporty university, but the people who review your application will likely be from the psychology department so their priority would probably be your academics and passion for the subject (as they obviously want students who will excel in the subject), so being sporty may not influence their decision. That being said, what you've said about sports may communicate certain traits that they would like in a student, so it may influence their decision. Essentially, there is no way I could say whether or not it will boost your chances as I'm not on the admissions team so again, that is the sort of thing you'd need to contact the admissions team about. You can find contact details for the Psychology undergraduate coordinator at the bottom of this page - if you phone or email them, they should be able to give you more accurate information.

Jessica, a third year Natural Sciences student
curiousIBstudent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by University of Bath)
Hi there,
The typical IB offer for Psychology is 36 points overall and 7, 6, 6 in 3 higher level subjects, so your predicted grades would meet that. However, you would have to contact the admissions department for your course to find out if/how your maths would affect that.

The number of applicants that get accepted will also vary by year and due to other factors, so again there isn't much I could say on that.

In terms of being sporty and putting this in your personal statement, this won't necessarily benefit or impair your application. Bath is a very sporty university, but the people who review your application will likely be from the psychology department so their priority would probably be your academics and passion for the subject (as they obviously want students who will excel in the subject), so being sporty may not influence their decision. That being said, what you've said about sports may communicate certain traits that they would likTe in a student, so it may influence their decision. Essentially, there is no way I could say whether or not it will boost your chances as I'm not on the admissions team so again, that is the sort of thing you'd need to contact the admissions team about. You can find contact details for the Psychology undergraduate coordinator at the bottom of this page - if you phone or email them, they should be able to give you more accurate information.

Jessica, a third year Natural Sciences student
Ok, thank you so much for your response!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.58%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
14%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (136)
33.42%

Watched Threads