The Student Room Group

Was i used

So i juat started clg..and this month we started to get assignments and stuff, i actually made a lot of friends while helling eveyone out with assignment, but i helped a certain girl and i when i say help, spending nearly 3 hours of my freetime helping her..but now she suddenly stops making eye contact,blocked me on her snap stories and hesitates to even talk,..i am not asking her to go out with me or something, when i talk i just want her to respond and not ignore me..
Original post by Anonymous
So i juat started clg..and this month we started to get assignments and stuff, i actually made a lot of friends while helling eveyone out with assignment, but i helped a certain girl and i when i say help, spending nearly 3 hours of my freetime helping her..but now she suddenly stops making eye contact,blocked me on her snap stories and hesitates to even talk,..i am not asking her to go out with me or something, when i talk i just want her to respond and not ignore me..

She is being the silly one - you have made lots of friends and are probably quite gregarious. She is mistaking this for you coming on to her. Just ignore her pettiness and enjoy college.

I don't think you were used - you helped her, But don't help her again
The skills and experience that you learnt or had reinforced when you helped her will help you when you are supervising others in the workplace.

So, even if she used you, that's fine because you got something of benefit to you out of the 3 hours you spent helping her.

If you are given more opportunities to help others, please continue to take them. Although it may get to the stage where you have to balance other things - eg your own studies - with helping others. IE you can't help all the people all thr time.
Reply 3

You can't change her. just leave her alone. Some people are like that. Also are these people your "friends" because you help them? Do they help you as well?
Don't take it to heart. You got the knowledge & experience. Her loss.

A
Reply 5
Original post by squeakysquirrel
She is being the silly one - you have made lots of friends and are probably quite gregarious. She is mistaking this for you coming on to her. Just ignore her pettiness and enjoy college.

She did use him. But she may also be immature.
Reply 6
Original post by mgi
You can't change her. just leave her alone. Some people are like that. Also are these people your "friends" because you help them? Do they help you as well?

Well since i just started it was more like i didnt talk to a lot of ppl..now after i interacted , they became friends, it was more like they became friends bcos i helped them
Reply 7
Original post by Mr Aitch
Don't take it to heart. You got the knowledge & experience. Her loss.

A

Thanks man...i needed that
Reply 8

Wait u think she thinks i came onto her ?
Reply 9
Well since i just started it was more like i didnt talk to a lot of ppl..now after i interacted , they became friends, it was more like they became friends bcos i helped them

But it takes time to know who your friends really are. Some people are your "friends "only because of what they are getting from you and can't be found when you are in need.
Wait u think she thinks i came onto her ?

No of course not but I suspect that because you are clearly a gregarious chap she felt a bit intimidated. You have done nothing wrong and I think it was sweet of you to help, but don't do it again. Just be polite and friendly - she is the one at fault
No of course not but I suspect that because you are clearly a gregarious chap she felt a bit intimidated. You have done nothing wrong and I think it was sweet of you to help, but don't do it again. Just be polite and friendly - she is the one at fault

Oh okay ..thanks m8

Quick Reply

Latest