Official Oxford University 2020 Deselected Applicants Thread Watch

学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
When the email or letter arrives giving the bad news that Oxford has failed to appreciate your potential as a student --- that moment of rejection --- let us know the following:

The Oxford course which rejected you:
The college you applied to:
What are your predicted/achieved GCSEs and A-levels, etc.:
Which other university will likely benefit from your presence:
Will you reapply next year?:
keep_drowning
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Guess I get to have the pleasure of going first

Rejected from Biology at Worcester
GCSEs: 6A*s, 3As and a B
Predicted A Levels: A*A*AA + EPQ
Hopefully will get an offer from Durham, otherwise I'll be firming Glasgow I think

No point in reapplying for me - I really love Oxford - it's absolutely beautiful, but looking back, I don't know how much I'd enjoy the course when compared with other courses - There are other really great universities out there with great courses - Not getting in isn't the end of the world
username4264700
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Rejected from Biology at Worcester GCSEs: 9A*s and 2AsPredicted A-levels:A*A*A*A*kinda gutted ngl i was rly hoping to at least get an interview oh well
ohdearstudying
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by keep_drowning)
Guess I get to have the pleasure of going first

Rejected from Biology at Worcester
GCSEs: 6A*s, 3As and a B
Predicted A Levels: A*A*AA + EPQ
Hopefully will get an offer from Durham, otherwise I'll be firming Glasgow I think

No point in reapplying for me - I really love Oxford - it's absolutely beautiful, but looking back, I don't know how much I'd enjoy the course when compared with other courses - There are other really great universities out there with great courses - Not getting in isn't the end of the world
(Original post by username4264700)
Rejected from Biology at Worcester GCSEs: 9A*s and 2AsPredicted A-levels:A*A*A*A*kinda gutted ngl i was rly hoping to at least get an interview oh well
Good luck for the future, I can only imagine how gutting it must be, but focus on your A Levels (from a fellow A Level student!) I know how much things like this can derail you.

Once again good luck with everything
Lawnut
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Gutted for you with those gcse grades and predicteds. Bad luck but sure you’ll be a star wherever you go.
academic12_55
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by username4264700)
hey, im gutted for you, do you know why you were rejected? x
Treetop321
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Rejected from Biology
The college you applied to: Worcester
What are your predicted/achieved GCSEs and A-levels, etc.: A*A*A*A - 9999988877
Which other university will likely benefit from your presence: Hopefully St. Andrews or Durham!
Will you reapply next year?: Nope
Last edited by Treetop321; 3 weeks ago
Treetop321
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hope we actually see someone accepted into Biology at Oxford, I have just seen rejections so far!
academic12_55
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Treetop321)
Rejected from Biology
The college you applied to: Biology
Which other university will likely benefit from your presence: Hopefully St. Andrews or Durham!
wait which college was it? x
Treetop321
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by academic12_55)
wait which college was it? x
Worcester
keep_drowning
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hope we actually see someone accepted into Biology at Oxford, I have just seen rejections so far!
Someone on the main thread got an interview from St Peter's I think 🤷🏻*♂️
Table12341
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Rejected from Biology
The college you applied to: Worcester
Just to ask, when you were rejected how did you find out? Was it an email directly from your college or did you get a notification that your ucas had been updated? thanks! How you were rejected with those grades and predicted is beyond me
keep_drowning
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Table12341)
Just to ask, when you were rejected how did you find out? Was it an email directly from your college or did you get a notification that your ucas had been updated? thanks! How you were rejected with those grades and predicted is beyond me
I got an email from my the college - it said UCAS would probably be updated in December
Treetop321
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you know if it is possible to get feedback on your application and how this would actually be possible?
Table12341
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I got an email from my the college - it said UCAS would probably be updated in December
thank you! This will help with my anxiety as to where I should look when I get a notification from my emails.
Treetop321
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Table12341)
I'm just happy I had the confidence to apply. I've not been the "happiest" kid and teenager and had some really tough times so what I have achieved was really good for me. I don't really know what I could have done better though.
keep_drowning
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you know if it is possible to get feedback on your application and how this would actually be possible?
Not a clue - but you don't have anything to lose by trying
Treetop321
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not a clue - but you don't have anything to lose by trying
I just asked and they sent an email within 10 minutes! They apparently have to wait until next year to send out the feedback for some random reason.
keep_drowning
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I just asked and they sent an email within 10 minutes! They apparently have to wait until next year to send out the feedback for some random reason.
Woah (if only everyone could be that fast 😭)

That's fustrating - but I guess they have to deal with interviews and other offers beforehand
Vodex_Law
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh god, this thread just made me slightly more scared seeing all these coming from Worcester.

Regardless I'm sure if you all applied to Oxford you'll do amazing at whichever other unis you go to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (140)
19.66%
Labour (359)
50.42%
Liberal Democrats (98)
13.76%
Green Party (36)
5.06%
Brexit Party (9)
1.26%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.42%
SNP (14)
1.97%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.84%
SDLP (1)
0.14%
Ulster Unionist (4)