The Student Room Group

English Lang and Lit at Oxford 2020

Hi, I'm applying to study English land and lit at Kweble college oxford, and was wondering how others were feeling about it, how the ELAT/written work went or if anyone's had invitation to interview!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*Keble college Oxford
Kweble College sounds cute though.
Reply 3
Original post by tillyfisher
Hi, I'm applying to study English land and lit at Kweble college oxford, and was wondering how others were feeling about it, how the ELAT/written work went or if anyone's had invitation to interview!

I can't really tell how my ELAT went, it wasn't a complete car crash but I don't know if it was good enough to put me in the top 60% who get interviewed.
Original post by TheAlexSurtees
I can't really tell how my ELAT went, it wasn't a complete car crash but I don't know if it was good enough to put me in the top 60% who get interviewed.

Yeah me neither, im hoping that they take written work and other things into account when inviting for interview.
What college are you applying for?
Hi, applying to Magdalen here. No invitation to interview or rejection just yet! The ELAT went pretty well; I missed some basic points that I would have liked to make but I'm reassuring myself that there was only so long to write and that I packed a lot of other stuff in there!
Original post by rwhitaker1
Hi, applying to Magdalen here. No invitation to interview or rejection just yet! The ELAT went pretty well; I missed some basic points that I would have liked to make but I'm reassuring myself that there was only so long to write and that I packed a lot of other stuff in there!

I think keble invites are quite late, it says the week of the 25th on the website, bit frustratingly close to the interviews
Reply 7
Does anyone know if rejections tend to be sent out earlier than invitations
Original post by TheAlexSurtees
Does anyone know if rejections tend to be sent out earlier than invitations

not too sure, why? I havent heard anything yet, wby?
Ahh came here to see if anyone knew what was going on i’m so stressed 😫
Original post by Naylorc13
Ahh came here to see if anyone knew what was going on i’m so stressed 😫

ikr!! there seems to be no info about english interviews atm
Original post by tilfisher
ikr!! there seems to be no info about english interviews atm

There’s no info at all on my collage website.. rip guess I’m going blind
My application went to Trinity, but haven't heard back from them. Can't stop refreshing my email aghh
Original post by Sukkriti Nath
My application went to Trinity, but haven't heard back from them. Can't stop refreshing my email aghh

you got reallocated?
Original post by tilfisher
you got reallocated?

no, it was an open application so I was allocated Trinity
Reply 15
I applied to Exeter college for English! I'm so nervous even though based on Brasenose admin the invites will only be sent out starting next week ahhhh. Which poems did you guys do for the ELAT? I did the last two, a sonnet by E E Cummings and another poem by Audre Lorde. I hope it goes well but tbh I've lowkey been beating myself up about not identifying the Cummings poem as a sonnet even though I noted the volta *major cringe/facepalm/shudder/FML*. Hoping the other parts of my application will go ok though. What other unis did you guys apply to? I applied to UCL Durham York and Newcastle with offers from the last three and an assignment (I'm an international student) from UCL due Monday wahhhhh
._.
Reply 17
Original post by FaithSG
I applied to Exeter college for English! I'm so nervous even though based on Brasenose admin the invites will only be sent out starting next week ahhhh. Which poems did you guys do for the ELAT? I did the last two, a sonnet by E E Cummings and another poem by Audre Lorde. I hope it goes well but tbh I've lowkey been beating myself up about not identifying the Cummings poem as a sonnet even though I noted the volta *major cringe/facepalm/shudder/FML*. Hoping the other parts of my application will go ok though. What other unis did you guys apply to? I applied to UCL Durham York and Newcastle with offers from the last three and an assignment (I'm an international student) from UCL due Monday wahhhhh

applied to wadham. don’t think not identifying a specific feature of the poem will affect your overall mark on the paper, unless that omission severely constricted ur analysis. I did the Cummings poem and the Thomas memoir for the ELAT
any English Mansfield applicants? :smile:
I apply to study at Pembroke. Any idea when the interview invitation/rejection will come out? Our interview date is pretty early.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending