The Student Room Group

How to pick myself up after doing badly in my mocks?

I’m in year 12 and today i got back my mock results and i did so badddddly in chem and bio. I know it’s only been 2 months into alevels but i feel so ****. I worked my ass off for chem and bio and ended up getting Ds. I didn’t even bother with psychology and got an A. i can’t even be happy about my psych result because i got those grades. My chemistry teacher doesn’t like me and she’s always giving me dirty looks. She prioritises her triple students and gives them attention and helps them if they’re stuck but ignores and treats combined students like ****. I feel so so **** and i even feel like dying. But i know that isn’t going to help and i need to pick myself up and work harder. How can I improve in Biology and Chemistry? I want to get As and Bs.

I do OCR biology and Edexcel chemistry . Please help.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by yupyup
I’m in year 12 and today i got back my mock results and i did so badddddly in chem and bio. I know it’s only been 2 months into alevels but i feel so ****. I worked my ass off for chem and bio and ended up getting Ds. I didn’t even bother with psychology and got an A. i can’t even be happy about my psych result because i got those grades. The head of chemistry doesn’t like me and she’s always giving me dirty looks. She prioritises her triple students and gives them attention and helps them if they’re stuck but ignores and treats combined students like ****. I feel so so **** and i even feel like dying. But i know that isn’t going to help and i need to pick myself up and work harder. How can I improve in Biology and Chemistry? I want to get As and Bs.

I do OCR biology and Edexcel chemistry . Please help.

Have you had your papers back? Look at where you lost marks and whether that was:
* you had no idea about the topic - these are RED areas
* you has some idea but did not give enough detail - these are AMBER topics
* you got the questions right or lost one mark - these are GREEN topics

The GREEN areas just need ticking over.
The AMBER areas can be quickly improved - ask for help from teachers [go to another teacher if the one teaching you isn't hepful]
The RED areas need to be re-learned.

Mocks are a formative assessment - use them to improve - it's a long time until the grades matter.
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Have you had your papers back? Look at where you lost marks and whether that was:
* you had no idea about the topic - these are RED areas
* you has some idea but did not give enough detail - these are AMBER topics
* you got the questions right or lost one mark - these are GREEN topics

The GREEN areas just need ticking over.
The AMBER areas can be quickly improved - ask for help from teachers [go to another teacher if the one teaching you isn't hepful]
The RED areas need to be re-learned.

Mocks are a formative assessment - use them to improve - it's a long time until the grades matter.

I haven’t got my papers back but when I do I’ll do that. Thank you so so much.
Do you know any resources or revision methods that could?
Original post by yupyup
I haven’t got my papers back but when I do I’ll do that. Thank you so so much.
Do you know any resources or revision methods that could?

I teach Maths so can't help with specific resources - maybe look on here by doing a search?
Reply 4
What do you mean by “triple students”? Triple and combined science is just GCSE?
Reply 5
Original post by Deggs_14
What do you mean by “triple students”? Triple and combined science is just GCSE?

She taught them at gcse. Idk she has this academic hierarchy in her head and thinks that triple students are superior and smarter and whatever. Which isn’t true because most of them got below Cs. She skips the basics and goes to complicated stuff. Like today I was answering a question and she looked over at my work and asked me what am i doing? didn’t even bother to help me and walks away to help the triple students.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest