The Student Room Group

USA equivalence to a BA?

i am currently in school for a bachelor of fiance 4 year college degree. i plan on getting my MBA after that

my question is this: is a college degree in the USA equivalent to a degree from England?
Original post by nicholashammer88
i am currently in school for a bachelor of fiance 4 year college degree. i plan on getting my MBA after that

my question is this: is a college degree in the USA equivalent to a degree from England?

Different. US unis first degrees are a lot broader than UK degrees and a lot less depth. Several subjects you arent allowed to study till second degree whereas you can study as first degree in the UK.

You will just have to ask admissions as you dont really give much context. Are you intending to try for your MBA in the UK? They tend to like additional work experience on top, just depends what you have to offer and where you are applying.
Original post by 999tigger
Different. US unis first degrees are a lot broader than UK degrees and a lot less depth. Several subjects you arent allowed to study till second degree whereas you can study as first degree in the UK.

You will just have to ask admissions as you dont really give much context. Are you intending to try for your MBA in the UK? They tend to like additional work experience on top, just depends what you have to offer and where you are applying.

i plan on a mba in the usa, will i be Able to work in the uk?
Original post by nicholashammer88
i plan on a mba in the usa, will i be Able to work in the uk?

Only if yopu have an employer who will sponsor you. It would be even harder for someone from the UK to work in the US.
Original post by 999tigger
Only if yopu have an employer who will sponsor you. It would be even harder for someone from the UK to work in the US.

what does being sponsored mean?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending