BPTC - Video Submission - Advocacy & Persuasion - HELP (BPP)

Watch
AmberPotts1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I have applied to the BPTC with BPP starting in 2020.

Part of the admissions is to submit a 3-5 minute video persuading someone to agree with one of their options provided.

I have picked: How will online courts help access to justice?

I would just like some general tips from people who have submitted the videos before on how they went about doing this and how they found it.
UKstarfleet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by AmberPotts1)
I have applied to the BPTC with BPP starting in 2020.

Part of the admissions is to submit a 3-5 minute video persuading someone to agree with one of their options provided.

I have picked: How will online courts help access to justice?

I would just like some general tips from people who have submitted the videos before on how they went about doing this and how they found it.
You mean the BTC? As it has now changed. I very much doubt the content of your video will in anyway hinder you being accepted onto the course considering their want and need for students, so long as you don't waffle about something completely irrelevant you'll be fine. My suggestion is, please feel free to ignore it, would be to talk about how the current system delays access to justice then move to talk about how online courts can help. An idea to get you started could be by potentially allowing unrepresented individuals to be able to upload their submissions to be adjudicated by a judge without the need to go though the pain and anxiety of sitting in front of a judge. Good luck in your endeavours to become a Barrister.
AmberPotts1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by UKstarfleet)
You mean the BTC? As it has now changed. I very much doubt the content of your video will in anyway hinder you being accepted onto the course considering their want and need for students, so long as you don't waffle about something completely irrelevant you'll be fine. My suggestion is, please feel free to ignore it, would be to talk about how the current system delays access to justice then move to talk about how online courts can help. An idea to get you started could be by potentially allowing unrepresented individuals to be able to upload their submissions to be adjudicated by a judge without the need to go though the pain and anxiety of sitting in front of a judge. Good luck in your endeavours to become a Barrister.
Thank you, I'm asking more so because the quality of the video depends on getting advocacy scholarships based on the video we submit.

Yes it has changed I just thought as it has been the BPTC for a while it may have come up in more searches on here.

Thank you very much for your help with the ideas, I appreciate it.
kingyii1997
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AmberPotts1)
Thank you, I'm asking more so because the quality of the video depends on getting advocacy scholarships based on the video we submit.

Yes it has changed I just thought as it has been the BPTC for a while it may have come up in more searches on here.

Thank you very much for your help with the ideas, I appreciate it.
Hello. How long does it take for BPP to assess your video? I submitted my video on Sunday, and they said 10 working days is required for the assessment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (179)
24.66%
Better than expected (146)
20.11%
Worse than expected (401)
55.23%

Watched Threads