?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
^^^^
andrei00
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well ADH is released in response to dehydration by the pituitary gland to signal the kidneys to recover water from urine diluting blood plasma. However I don’t think ADH is released in response to hypotension.
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by andrei00)
Well ADH is released in response to dehydration by the pituitary gland to signal the kidneys to recover water from urine diluting blood plasma. However I don’t think ADH is released in response to hypotension.
Angiotensin 2 (released as part of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone cascade in response to hypotension) is one of the things that stimulates the pituitary to release ADH
Last edited by moonkatt; 2 weeks ago
shankar jan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
(Original post by andrei00)
(Original post by moonkatt)
Angiotensin 2 (released as part of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone cascade in response to hypotension) is one of the things that stimulates the pituitary to release ADH
Thank you so much for your replies back!

So ADH is released when you have low blood pressure but it can also be released when you have a lack of water in the blood stream, right?

Are these 2 separate points, so "ADH release due to low blood pressure" and "ADH release due to lack of water in the blood" related to each other?
I think they are as low blood pressure also means we have lacking water in the blood, right?
But again, can these two points not be related to each other in regards to ADH release?

Also, here it says ADH cause constriction of blood vessels and also increase in blood volume (obviously due to water entering the blood) - so suggesting ADH is released in response to low blood pressure.
Name:  1.JPG
Views: 4
Size:  159.4 KB
However here, it says that ADH is released when there is a high number of dissolved solutes in the blood (I think that's what it's hinting here) or a decrease in blood volume - so suggesting ADH is released due to there being a lower water potential in the blood so basically dehydration
Name:  2.JPG
Views: 4
Size:  49.0 KB
Thanks a lot in advance!!!
Last edited by shankar jan; 2 weeks ago
shankar jan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Hannah777789
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Dehydration .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Regent's University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (61)
18.77%
Labour (159)
48.92%
Liberal Democrats (46)
14.15%
Green Party (20)
6.15%
Brexit Party (4)
1.23%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.92%
SNP (7)
2.15%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.62%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.23%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)