Don't know my attractiveness Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Kind of a weird and self centered question but I genuinely haven't the faintest idea how attractive i am or aren't. Quite a few less popular and not so attractive girls have crushes on me and even a few guys do, is it possible that attractive / popular girls might find me attractive? Or is someone who may have a few more options less likely to think this. Would genuinely appreciate some useful feedback here.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Psychologically, people tend to go for someone that they believe is of similar-attractiveness to you so that could give you some sort of indicator to how attractive you are? This being said, I can verify as a 17-year-old girl that I (and most of my friends) find confidence and humour make someone look far more attractive so perhaps you could use that to your advantage?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Psychologically, people tend to go for someone that they believe is of similar-attractiveness to you so that could give you some sort of indicator to how attractive you are? This being said, I can verify as a 17-year-old girl that I (and most of my friends) find confidence and humour make someone look far more attractive so perhaps you could use that to your advantage?
Thanks for your response. When you said people are more attracted to people they think they are of similar attractiveness to how exactly does that work, because I'm not at all attracted go any girl that ever finds me attractive, could you also argue I am of similar attractiveness to anyone I find attractive
FreckledPizza
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Can’t judge ur physical attractiveness without a pic.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Thanks for your response. When you said people are more attracted to people they think they are of similar attractiveness to how exactly does that work, because I'm not at all attracted go any girl that ever finds me attractive, could you also argue I am of similar attractiveness to anyone I find attractive
It's all about how attractive you perceiev yourself to be so basically what that is saying is that you think of yourself as as attractive as the girls you find attractive but a girl that is attracted to you thinks of you as just as attractive as her.
I dunno if I worded that the best so here's another way of putting it:
David thinks of himself as a 5/10 and fancies Sandy, who he deems to be a 5/10. Sandy fancies Bruce who is a 9/10, meaning she must think of herself as a 9/10. Now, Sandy could be a 5 or a 9 out of 10 or anything in between, it is all about how you feel about yourself, which is subjective.
Anonymous #1
Ok thanks that actually helped clarify. But here is a different question, I'll use your type of analogy to help explain it lol.
Is Lucy considers herself 5/10 and fancies Ethan who she thinks is 8/10. Ethan fancies Michelle who he thinks is 9/10. Based on physical attractiveness alone, is it likely Michelle would also consider Ethan to be 8/10? Or is it likely that she wouldn't due to her being attractive and having more options in general? To link this back into my life, basically a girl who I would rate at maybe 6/10 has had a big crush on me for a while, so presumably she rate me like at least an 8/10 right? But would the 9/10 girls I know also think I'm attractive? Or does the 6/10 girl think I am attractive because she thinks she is similar to me. Like I am 'attractive for her league or something. Genuinely just confused sorry for the long message lol
Matia_G
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Can I get your insta and we can chat? Gotta ask you some questions about 👃. Lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (7)
9.46%
They've been reasonable (28)
37.84%
Not feeling great... (23)
31.08%
They are TERRIBLE! (16)
21.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise