The Student Room Group

Should I ask her out again?

Hey everyone,

So there's this girl who I asked out a very long time ago in secondary school but she rejected me. During that time, I was overweight and quite shy towards her. Although, we sort of had a relationship in which we understood each other very well - probably the best way I can describe it. We knew each other since primary school until we split colleges. Our physical interactions declined and started to talk rarely.
The first time I asked her out, she rejected me with a quite harsh 'no, sorry' and she deleted/blocked me off Facebook and Instagram.

I am now at university, lost a lot of weight and completely changed my personality and outlook on life. I am much more confident, but feeling lonely. Trust me, staying in a dorm and going to parties is not the best life...

A few months ago, I started to talk to her again and she seemed quite friendly. However, she started ignoring me after a few days. I am currently debating whether to message her if she has a boyfriend (because she is honestly too beautiful for this world). I honestly can't keep talking to her knowing she has a boyfriend and my heart being broken again.
send us/me a pic of yourself, or a link of your instagram and then I can tell you. Because unfortunately it depends on how much attractive you are now.
I think you should not ask her out again, she treated you like dirt yet you still like her. I would stop being interested in a woman that treated me like that.
There's plenty of woman out there and you should stop putting this perticular one on a pedalstall.
Also don't let her know your feelings as she will probably just make fun.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey everyone,

So there's this girl who I asked out a very long time ago in secondary school but she rejected me. During that time, I was overweight and quite shy towards her. Although, we sort of had a relationship in which we understood each other very well - probably the best way I can describe it. We knew each other since primary school until we split colleges. Our physical interactions declined and started to talk rarely.
The first time I asked her out, she rejected me with a quite harsh 'no, sorry' and she deleted/blocked me off Facebook and Instagram.

I am now at university, lost a lot of weight and completely changed my personality and outlook on life. I am much more confident, but feeling lonely. Trust me, staying in a dorm and going to parties is not the best life...

A few months ago, I started to talk to her again and she seemed quite friendly. However, she started ignoring me after a few days. I am currently debating whether to message her if she has a boyfriend (because she is honestly too beautiful for this world). I honestly can't keep talking to her knowing she has a boyfriend and my heart being broken again.

Did she tell you why she rejected you the first time?
Did she unblock you?
Try to understand what’s going on in her life at the moment, and if it appears she is not in a relationship and ready for one.
I think she’d appreciate the fact that you still think of her, but if she doesn’t like you for specific reasons then you could look like mr.universe and be as popular as you can but she still wouldn’t care. Sorry if this sounds rude, but I’m afraid it’s the truth😅

It is really important to understand why she rejected you the first time. Also, have you been in contact lately?
umm no. She will think its a bit weird you are still after her after all those years. Unless you are insanely attractive I would say move on... hell i would say that to you regardless.
If she started ignoring you after a few days when you spoke in recent months then I'd say it's pretty clear she's not interested.
Reply 6
Original post by emily_000
send us/me a pic of yourself, or a link of your instagram and then I can tell you. Because unfortunately it depends on how much attractive you are now.

Original post by Anonymous
Did she tell you why she rejected you the first time?
Did she unblock you?
Try to understand what’s going on in her life at the moment, and if it appears she is not in a relationship and ready for one.
I think she’d appreciate the fact that you still think of her, but if she doesn’t like you for specific reasons then you could look like mr.universe and be as popular as you can but she still wouldn’t care. Sorry if this sounds rude, but I’m afraid it’s the truth😅

It is really important to understand why she rejected you the first time. Also, have you been in contact lately?

Don't worry, what you're saying is not rude at all. I came to the conclusion that she rejected me because I was not 'fit'. She was into guys like me because she was quite flirty with guys who looked like me, but they didn't seem too interested in her. The only difference between those guys was that they looked more skinny than me.
Reply 7
Original post by Garagepunk68
I think you should not ask her out again, she treated you like dirt yet you still like her. I would stop being interested in a woman that treated me like that.
There's plenty of woman out there and you should stop putting this perticular one on a pedalstall.
Also don't let her know your feelings as she will probably just make fun.

Maybe you're right, but it's hard when you have dreams about being with this girl. I saw her walking down a footpath today while I was driving and I was reminded of her. Perhaps I have mistaken the reflection of the stars in the river for the night sky?
move on hun
Reply 9
Original post by sinfonietta
If she started ignoring you after a few days when you spoke in recent months then I'd say it's pretty clear she's not interested.

I thought so too... :frown:
Original post by sinfonietta

Oh sorry I hadn’t read that, than no, sinfonietta is right, I guess she was initially friendly (when you hit her up some months ago) because she didn’t want to be mean. However she probably didn’t want you to misunderstand it for interest and eventually stopped chatting.

It is hard to really understand the causes of her behavior without knowing her, so I can’t say thats 100% how that is.

I understand it can be hard to have a person you really like and not knowing what to do. If it can help try thinking about it and figure out if you like her how she is now, or if what you really like was her when you met or the idea of her. Or, as you mentioned you are feeling kind of lonely, perhaps it’s just that and instead of thinking you could meet somebody new you enjoy the idea of going back to her? (Again, sorry if this sounds rude😅).

In any case, if you really want to hit her up again, asking her if she has a boyfriend it’s definitely not something to do, it would come across as way too direct and end up making everything awkward and, depending on her point of view, even slightly creepy.
Man, some of this I can definitely relate to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending