Tebsy02
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello folks think I ran a red light the other day, looked on street view to see if there were cameras but these just look like sensors? can anyone shed some light on these, are the cameras? https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.22...7i13312!8i6656
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by UKstarfleet)
Most people on here won't click that link in case it's suspicious. Let me know the name of the road and location of where you think you got snapped. If you did you will receive confirmation of it from the Police in the post. There are various defences you could run. Naturally if you admit the offence you'll receive 3 points on your licence and receive £100 fine.
There is not a defence for crossing a traffic signal on red.

Why would people not click a Google Maps link?
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tebsy02)
Hello folks think I ran a red light the other day, looked on street view to see if there were cameras but these just look like sensors? can anyone shed some light on these, are the cameras? https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.22...7i13312!8i6656
I wish it was, because then you'd be getting ticketed.

Alas, it is not. Do not cross a light on red again - you could kill someone.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You don't know me so refrain from making remarks which are personal. There are defences, clearly you have no idea about traffic law. How do you know whether the lights were faulty or not? You don't. So keep your comments to yourself. Some people would not click a link, clearly by your comments you have no idea about hidden link traffic.
Failing to stop is a strict liability offence. There is not a defence.

The lights were not faulty. The OP is just incapable of driving correctly.

The link was clearly for Google Maps.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Reasonable mistake is a defence.
No it is not.

Even crossing a red light to allow an ambulance to get past is not a defence for red light jumping.

As I said, it is a strict liability offence.
UKstarfleet
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
No it is not, "moron".

Even crossing a red light to allow an ambulance to get past is not a defence for red light jumping.

As I said, it is a strict liability offence.
Here's some case law for you: "In effect the justice held that a reasonable belief that the lights had failed would be a defence."

In your spare time, because clearly you have plenty, go and find the case law for the above.

Like I said, it is a defence. You should get some sleep you've got school tomorrow.
Last edited by UKstarfleet; 3 weeks ago
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Heres the law for you: "In effect the justice held that a reasonable belief that the lights had failed would be a defence."

In your spare time, because clearly you have plenty, go and find the case law for the above.

Like I said, it is a defence. You should get some sleep you've got school tomorrow.
The lights were functional. Your logic is invalid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (153)
46.93%
No (42)
12.88%
I'm not old enough (131)
40.18%

Watched Threads