Helping with GCSE Maths and Further Maths students Watch

xsowmix
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
IF YOU'RE STUDYING GCSE MATHS OR FURTHER MATHS, POST QUESTIONS OR TOPICS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. IF YOU ALSO DOING ADDITIONAL MATHS, I CAN ALSO HELP YOU.
Currently 1st year of A Level Maths. got 9 in Maths and A* in Further Maths.
ellaswords
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
omg, you are a life-saver. this is literally like what i need in life. not at the moment exactly but come next week’s math homework & well, yeah. expect a couple more comments.

oh, & i’m doing gcse math & supposedly meant to get a 7. i mean, i’m not shocking at math but wordy questions or anything volume gets me mega confused.
just a little warning
ellaswords
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
just realised i sound like an idiot there. i’m not, i promise. well, at least most of the time i’m not
xsowmix
Rep:
?
(Original post by ellaswords)
omg, you are a life-saver. this is literally like what i need in life. not at the moment exactly but come next week’s math homework & well, yeah. expect a couple more comments.

oh, & i’m doing gcse math & supposedly meant to get a 7. i mean, i’m not shocking at math but wordy questions or anything volume gets me mega confused.
just a little warning
Don’t worry i used to be like this. the key to word problems is to highlight the information you need because examiners like to waffle. what type of volume questions confuse you? send me some examples if you find any. are you in yr 11?
xsowmix
Rep:
?
just realised i sound like an idiot there. i’m not, i promise. well, at least most of the time i’m not
lol you dont and its your gsces here so you need to do your best
ellaswords
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by xsowmix)
Don’t worry i used to be like this. the key to word problems is to highlight the information you need because examiners like to waffle. what type of volume questions confuse you? send me some examples if you find any. are you in yr 11?
nope, i’m in year10. so i’ve still got plenty of time to try & get my head round it all. as for the volume, i’m not sure. i can do the basic, ‘here is a cone, find the volume’ when it’s labelled with numbers. i can sometimes successfully complete a ‘here is a cone, find the radius length’ when the volume is given. but put algebra or just lots of words in it & well, i’m lost. i’m usually quite good with algebra too. so it’s kind of frustrating because i feel like i should be able to do it easily & i can’t. doesn’t help that when we do it, my maths teacher is like, this is level5 stuff. & i’m meant to get a 7. a little disheartening
xsowmix
Rep:
?
nope, i’m in year10. so i’ve still got plenty of time to try & get my head round it all. as for the volume, i’m not sure. i can do the basic, ‘here is a cone, find the volume’ when it’s labelled with numbers. i can sometimes successfully complete a ‘here is a cone, find the radius length’ when the volume is given. but put algebra or just lots of words in it & well, i’m lost. i’m usually quite good with algebra too. so it’s kind of frustrating because i feel like i should be able to do it easily & i can’t. doesn’t help that when we do it, my maths teacher is like, this is level5 stuff. & i’m meant to get a 7. a little disheartening
ok if you ever see a volume question you don’t understand just send it to me and i will help you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (418)
43.82%
No (99)
10.38%
I'm not old enough (437)
45.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise