Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have applied for biology and received an interview for unconditional offer. My GCSEs are decent but I’m still unsure why I’ve been asked. With Lancaster being a really good uni, I’m unsure why they offer unconditionals?
I wasn’t considering Lancaster until I was made this potential offer. What do you think? Any tips for the interview?
Joe1000000
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The cynical view is that unconditional offers are a guaranteed income stream for the uni.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have applied for biology and received an interview for unconditional offer. My GCSEs are decent but I’m still unsure why I’ve been asked. With Lancaster being a really good uni, I’m unsure why they offer unconditionals?
I wasn’t considering Lancaster until I was made this potential offer. What do you think? Any tips for the interview?
Hi anon,
There's lots of reasons that unis offer unconditionals. One major reason is that if the uni likes your application, then they want to increase the chance that you'll come. This will guarantee people on their courses and by inviting you for an interview, it means that you'll come see the uni and by coming to see it, you're more likely to firm it. The admissions tutors were obviously very keen for you to come here - so congratulations on your application!
Don't worry too much about the interview, it's quite informal. It's mostly simple questions and then you'll get a tour of the facilities and a chance to ask any questions you have.
Let me know if you have any questions in the mean time I can help you with.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Itsnotaphasemom
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! Congratulations!
I have friends at Lancaster who study your course- all of them love it, haven’t heard a single bad thing about it.

If you don’t mind me asking- what were your predicted grades? I’m applying for the same course as you at Lancaster aswell

Do you think your grades were the biggest factor in you getting an unconditional?

Thanks
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Itsnotaphasemom)
Hi! Congratulations!
I have friends at Lancaster who study your course- all of them love it, haven’t heard a single bad thing about it.

If you don’t mind me asking- what were your predicted grades? I’m applying for the same course as you at Lancaster aswell

Do you think your grades were the biggest factor in you getting an unconditional?

Thanks
Hi! Thank you! My predicted grades were A*AA and my GCSES were a mixture of 9s and 8s, although my friend also got an interview for an unconditional with AAA predicted grades and 7s/8s at GCSE. I’m not sure if grades were entirely why, out probably a big part of it. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (54)
32.53%
No I don't (78)
46.99%
I work during the holidays (34)
20.48%

Watched Threads