anmol2x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am trying to get an unconditional offer for a university. I have a passion for learning computer science for my undergraduate. For my predicted grades, I have received an A*BB. The entry requirements for the uni are BBB.

What are the chances for me getting an unconditional offer?
If I convince my teacher to bump my predicted grade from an A to an A* (he didn't predict me a grade higher in the first place), to an A*BB, what are the chances then?
jeccca
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They’re pretty good. Maybe try and get one of your other grades bumped up to an A. Then, just make sure your personal statement and reference are amazing. What university are you thinking of applying to?
anmol2x
Rep:
?
(Original post by jeccca)
They’re pretty good. Maybe try and get one of your other grades bumped up to an A. Then, just make sure your personal statement and reference are amazing. What university are you thinking of applying to?
Thanks for the reply hehe. I'm trying to apply to either Brunel or DMU they have similar grade boundaries. My biology teacher is the director of studies of UCAS. If you know if there is any advantage of that, please let me know.
My reference and personal statement should be grand! I will be submitting choices with my biology teacher to guide me.
Here are the predicted grades:
A*- Computer Science
B - Maths
B - Biology

Do you know if there are any excellent universities (not too far away) that could give me an unconditional please let me know.
Last edited by anmol2x; 3 weeks ago
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Why do you need an unconditional offer?

(Plus how can your biology teacher be "part" of the RG?)
anmol2x
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Why do you need an unconditional offer?

(Plus how can your biology teacher be "part" of the RG?)
Hi, I need an unconditional offer, so i can be completely sure I will advance into learning higher level topics.
I wasn’t sure about that exactly. She is somewhat affiliated, but he is director of studies for UCAS.
Last edited by anmol2x; 3 weeks ago
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anmol2x)
I am trying to get an unconditional offer for a university. I have a passion for learning computer science for my undergraduate. For my predicted grades, I have received an A*BB. The entry requirements for the uni are BBB.

What are the chances for me getting an unconditional offer?
If I convince my teacher to bump my predicted grade from an A to an A* (he didn't predict me a grade higher in the first place), to an A*BB, what are the chances then?
I doubt that you'll get an unconditional offer, nor should you, IMO. Concentrate your efforts on getting the best grades that you can. Good luck.
ditemeja
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think aiming for an unconditional offer is a bit ridiculous to be perfectly honest - I know Birmingham offers attainment offers of CCC based on GCSEs/application, but all in all, universities are discouraged from making them. One girl got one for Georgraphy in my school because that university considers us a feeder for Geography especially, but that’s the only one that anyone from really rather academic school has had. Focus on making your application the best it can be and understand that getting a regular offer is an achievement in and of itself.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you know if there are any excellent universities (not too far away) that could give me an unconditional please let me know.
Why "not too far away"?

How do you define "excellent universities"?
Last edited by RogerOxon; 3 weeks ago
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I need an unconditional offer, so i can be completely sure I will advance into learning higher level topics.
Anywhere that gives you an unconditional offer is desperate. That may imply that they're probably not your best option.
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I wasn’t sure about that exactly. She is somewhat affiliated, but he is director of studies for UCAS.
That's short-term thinking. It will be far better for you in the long run if you have to work hard and maximise your potential.
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Many universities have stopped making unconditional offers this year. I think Sheffield Hallam are still offering them. Perhaps OP should apply there although they would be better off trying to achieve the best grades they can. Universities are withdrawing from unconditional offers because they are bad and not in the students best interests. They were only ever brought in to attract students who otherwise would go to better universities elsewhere.
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
It depends on the uni. Top tier universities are unlikely to give unconditional offers. If I was you I would worry less about getting an unconditional and worry more about going to a top tier university, at least in line with your predicted grades. Getting an unconditional offer from an okay university might seem good now but it will make it harder to get a job when you have people from Imperial etc applying for the same jobs.
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Many universities have stopped making unconditional offers this year. I think Sheffield Hallam are still offering them. Perhaps OP should apply there although they would be better off trying to achieve the best grades they can. Universities are withdrawing from unconditional offers because they are bad and not in the students best interests. They were only ever brought in to attract students who otherwise would go to better universities elsewhere.
When I was applying to university, most of my peers for got unconditional offers ended up firming a better university. Even an unconditional was not enough to sway them haha.
Cabin19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No accepting a unconditional is the worst thing you can do as you become tied to that university
Last edited by Cabin19; 3 weeks ago
anmol2x
Rep:
?
(Original post by MrMusician95)
It depends on the uni. Top tier universities are unlikely to give unconditional offers. If I was you I would worry less about getting an unconditional and worry more about going to a top tier university, at least in line with your predicted grades. Getting an unconditional offer from an okay university might seem good now but it will make it harder to get a job when you have people from Imperial etc applying for the same jobs.
Brunel and DMU?
anmol2x
Rep:
?
(Original post by RogerOxon)
Why "not too far away"?

How do you define "excellent universities"?
Brunel and DMU?
swanseajack1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Brunel and DMU?
De Montford is ranked 67th and Brunel 69th by the Complete University Guide ?top universities. Top 30 or 40 universities are not making unconditional offers.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Brunel and DMU?
They may be examples of what the OP considers to be "excellent", but that doesn't help with the definition.They're not what would typically be considered excellent.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Need or want?
jeccca
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply hehe. I'm trying to apply to either Brunel or DMU they have similar grade boundaries. My biology teacher is the director of studies of UCAS. If you know if there is any advantage of that, please let me know.
My reference and personal statement should be grand! I will be submitting choices with my biology teacher to guide me.
Here are the predicted grades:
A*- Computer Science
B - Maths
B - Biology

Hey, no problem! Your grades are amazing - you should be incredibly proud. Good to hear you're also getting a good reference and have a strong PS - they will all help. That will most probably help if it's your biology teacher that is writing your reference - not for definite, but anyway, make sure it's gLoWiNg. A few of my friends have gotten unconditional offers from Derby and Lincoln, I'm not sure how far away they are for you but always worth a try! Both Brunel and DMU are excellent universities. I know that Nottingham Trent gave out the most unconditionals last year, I don't know if that's changed but again, worth looking in to. Other's I would recommend to go for if you're really wanting an unconditional would be Sheffield Hallam, Uni of Birmingham, York St John's, Birmingham City Uni (different from UoB), Brighton, Bournemouth, Northampton and Leeds Beckett. Just some options to look into, they are all well known for unconditionals.

To everyone on this forum saying 'do you need or want an unconditional' - grow up. We'd all love an unconditional, why not help someone out by giving them the best possible chances of getting one? With that, best of luck, let me know how it all goes, especially if you get an unconditional!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (198)
18.61%
Labour (550)
51.69%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.53%
Green Party (59)
5.55%
Brexit Party (15)
1.41%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.6%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.66%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (4)