The Student Room Group

Vacation crisis

Currently on a once in a lifetime vacation with my partner , we have on Hawaii for a week and a half however this whole holiday all my partner wants to do is sit in the room and play games on his phone, the past two days he went in the pool and made an effort to have a conversation with me. Before we came from the uk he said about he couldn’t wait to stay up late watch the entertainment and drink cocktails but since we have arrived we haven’t stayed out past 7 literally it’s a dinner then bed. Today we have had a big argument and I honestly just want to book a early flight home as I can’t take another week of this

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Currently on a once in a lifetime vacation with my partner , we have on Hawaii for a week and a half however this whole holiday all my partner wants to do is sit in the room and play games on his phone, the past two days he went in the pool and made an effort to have a conversation with me. Before we came from the uk he said about he couldn’t wait to stay up late watch the entertainment and drink cocktails but since we have arrived we haven’t stayed out past 7 literally it’s a dinner then bed. Today we have had a big argument and I honestly just want to book a early flight home as I can’t take another week of this

Sounds like you two are not compatible
Reply 2
Original post by Rock Fan
Sounds like you two are not compatible

I don’t know what to do we have been together for 6 years
I don’t know what to do we have been together for 6 years

Has he always been like this?
Go do your own thing and end it when you get back to the UK.
Reply 5
Has he always been like this?

No he’s never been like this, this year has been a horrible year in our relationship with a couple of arguments
Reply 6
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
Go do your own thing and end it when you get back to the UK.

I have really bad social anxiety and don’t like speaking to someone new as I take panic attacks
No he’s never been like this, this year has been a horrible year in our relationship with a couple of arguments

Sounds like he's getting bored, perhaps the relationship has lost its spark. Maybe he's taken you for granted
Reply 8
Sounds like he's getting bored, perhaps the relationship has lost its spark. Maybe he's taken you for granted

Perhaps he is, looking for an early flight home
I have really bad social anxiety and don’t like speaking to someone new as I take panic attacks

Fair enough, I know how that feels.
Fair enough, I know how that feels.

It’s horrible I tried to go out for dinner by myself, as partner didn’t want to go out for food and soon as I step foot into the restaurant I felt everyone looking at me

'vacation'? are you american?
It’s horrible I tried to go out for dinner by myself, as partner didn’t want to go out for food and soon as I step foot into the restaurant I felt everyone looking at me

How long do you have left in Hawaii?
Week and a half
How long do you have left in Hawaii?

Week and a half
Original post by A Rolling Stone
'vacation'? are you american?

No but his family are so instead of saying holiday we say vacation
Week and a half

Perhaps it is best to travel home early.
Perhaps it is best to travel home early.

I have just booked a flight home for Sunday I don’t know if I should tell him or not
I have just booked a flight home for Sunday I don’t know if I should tell him or not

**** him, if he doesn't want to engage with you then just go.
**** him, if he doesn't want to engage with you then just go.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending