Yesterday was almost the last day of my life ( nearly died in a car crash) shaken up Watch

This discussion is closed.
Cleverboy1991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey all.
I hope you are all keeping well.

I am a bit shaken up following a near death experience yesterday at around 7pm at night, I was driving to Leigh in Greater Manchester and some stupid worker/s had decided to put the temporary traffic lights right on a bend so they can't se seen until last minute (why tf did they not put them where they can be clearly seen ? )

So because of the stupid place that the lights were positioned I hadn''t seen them or realised I had gone through the stupid things until suddenly another car came speeding on the opposite direction ( And I saw the temporary lights on the opposite side ) at an estimated speed of 60 mph ( on a 40mph road) cobined with my speed of 50 mph would have resulted in a 110 mph crash, I would surely have been died following the impact

I would say if it were not for the split 2 seconds we would have crashed and I woul have been a goner and I am still feeling upset and shaky avout the whole thing like as if my life flashed before m eyes as many people say

I am going to try and move those temporary traffic lights myself when I go back there again I think they are on wheels so I may be able to move it to a more suitable location
Last edited by Cleverboy1991; 2 weeks ago
errrr99
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Cleverboy1991)
I am going to try and move those temporary traffic lights myself when I go back there again I think they are on wheels so I may be able to move it to a more suitable location
this could seriously end badly...please don't go moving any street furniture

aside from the fact that you cannot safely re-wire the traffic lights and it's not a particularly safe place to hang around, knowing how you nearly had an accident there

it's not your stuff to move, it will only end up in the magistrates court, the judge won't be impressed at all - why don't you write a letter of complaint marked urgent instead? to the council in charge in that area, to head of streetworks (or similar title)
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As someone that's been in a near-death car crash, I really don't think it's funny to troll about this ****.
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
(Original post by errrr99)
this could seriously end badly...please don't go moving any street furniture

aside from the fact that you cannot safely re-wire the traffic lights and it's not a particularly safe place to hang around, knowing how you nearly had an accident there

it's not your stuff to move, it will only end up in the magistrates court, the judge won't be impressed at all - why don't you write a letter of complaint marked urgent instead? to the council in charge in that area, to head of streetworks (or similar title)
Why would it need rewiring ? I don't know how to do wiring/electrics so I won't be messing around trying to re wire it.

I think they are on wheels as I think I have seen them being moved before. I think you cna kind of tilt in backwards then push it or if too heavy just roll it straight forwards or backwards on it s wheels, it's not rocket science

It's useless trying to get through unless you have like an hour to waste holding the phone line only to be eventually told they can't do anything about it ( similar experience previously) and listening to the awful theme tune the entire time

it may not be my stuff to move but it almost cost me my life and then the council would have had to answer to that in court.
I am not willing to just leave it if an accident occured I would be angry knowing I could have done something about it instead of just leaving it. I will go pass it tomorrow if it still hasn't moved location then tomorrow night/early morning I shall go and deal with the stupid thing myself so long as the wheels on it are not locked I will relocatei it to a suitable position
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I honestly think you should seek professional help. The paedophile thread was bad enough, not to mention the inappropriate sexual threads on a student site. I’m amazed you haven’t been banned yet. There’s something desperately wrong here.
DiddyDecAlt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Was this before or after you went to ASDA?
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
CB is a troll and I would encourage others not to engage with them.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How unlucky we are Reality Check...
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by YaliaV)
I honestly think you should seek professional help. The paedophile thread was bad enough, not to mention the inappropriate sexual threads on a student site. I’m amazed you haven’t been banned yet. There’s something desperately wrong here.
The CT won't do anything about him, it's absolutely ridiculous. He got chased out of another forum for posting ridiculous nonsense on a regular basis already.

His name is Mark. Mark is either a troll, or needs to see a neurologist.
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
The CT won't do anything about him, it's absolutely ridiculous. He got chased out of another forum for posting ridiculous nonsense on a regular basis already.

His name is Mark. Mark is either a troll, or needs to see a neurologist.
Who is CT ?
What do you mena won't do anything about me , what are you implying should be done ?? I am asking uestinos on a forum so what is your problem it seems you have a problem with me and everything I post so why are you stalking me if you odn't like me and my content ?

why should I see a neurologist ? maybe it is you who needs mental heatlh help
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
Was this before or after you went to ASDA?
earlier that night
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV)
see professional help why ? I was asking advice following an incident that occured to me as a kid years ago and some idiot keeps bringing it up and insisting I was trolling about it which obvioulsy wasnt

Banned why ?
asking questions on a forum ?? don't like it you can leave
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Are you actually stupid ?
I got hit by a car when I was coming gome from school around 12 years of age, I was lucky I wasn't killed and escapre without anything other than minor injuries, cu
ts bruises and I can still feel small dents on my head maybe caused from when I was thrown up in the air on ipmact and hit the ground. I don't joke about road saftey e.t.c.
ypou are disgusting to label me as a troll on this subject go examine yourself
You're notorious for trolling and people know it. Some of it is innocent enough but this is too far.
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidgetFever)
You're notorious for trolling and people know it. Some of it is innocent enough but this is too far.
That's a new one. If I was a troll surely I would know it but a ''notorious troll '' obviously not.

What is so hard to believe that I nearly got involved in a car crash and died folowing a potential collision of 110 mph ?
It's not like I was saying I got abducted by a UFO people would find that harder to believe

Everything I post has a purpose I come here to ask as it is a forum
Neilos
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What is so hard to believe that I nearly got involved in a car crash and died folowing a potential collision of 110 mph ?
Because no person seriously seeking sympathy would indignantly, self-righteously moan about the positioning of traffic lights close to a bend, then make a point of adding that they themselves driving like a tit (doing 50 in a 40 zone just after a supposedly unsighted corner) and it was clearly their own fault.
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Neilos)
Because no person seriously seeking sympathy would indignantly, self-righteously moan about the positioning of traffic lights close to a bend, then make a point of adding that they themselves driving like a tit (doing 50 in a 40 zone just after a supposedly unsighted corner) and it was clearly their own fault.
Not to mention he's apparently taking it into his own hands and "moving" the lights.
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
(Original post by Neilos)
duh, I was angry because of the awful positioning of the temporary traffic lights which almost cost me my life. Nothing wrong with doing that speed I was doing around the bend just that another car was coming because I went through the red light as I didnt see it or know the lights were there as someone placed the temporary traffic lights right on a bend
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidgetFever)
Not to mention he's apparently taking it into his own hands and "moving" the lights.
Indeed I am after midnight it will take a few minutes if the wheels aren't locked on the underneath of the temporary traffic lights.
Simply pull it along to a more ideal spot further down the road
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Who is CT ?
What do you mena won't do anything about me , what are you implying should be done ?? I am asking uestinos on a forum so what is your problem it seems you have a problem with me and everything I post so why are you stalking me if you odn't like me and my content ?

why should I see a neurologist ? maybe it is you who needs mental heatlh help
The people who refuse to ban you.

You're a consistent nuisance.
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
The people who refuse to ban you.

You're a consistent nuisance.
Exactly, why can't you get it through to your thick head that they won't ban me because why should they have I broken the law , on what grounds would they have reason to ban me ?

to whom am I a consistent annoyance ?
I am sorry, Thomas, If I annoy you asking questions on a forum, I am sorry if I almost died in a car accident last night but I am not doing anything here that I shouldn't be doing. I ma asking advice on a form which is the purpose of the forums.
If you find me annoying I suggest you stay away from TSR or at least stop stalking me on it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (27)
21.26%
Labour (63)
49.61%
Liberal Democrats (15)
11.81%
Green Party (9)
7.09%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
3.15%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (2)
1.57%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)