The Student Room Group

How can I qualify as a lawyer in the UAE

I am in my 3rd of a 4 year LLB degree in Hong Kong but I don't want to stay here anymore. I want to move to the UAE and start a career there as a lawyer. I still have not yet made my mind up as to what area of law I want to practice so for the time being I am willing to experience whatever I can get my hands on. Can I work whilst qualifying? Where can I get a qualification from? Is there more than one way to qualify in the UAE? Can I start making preparations now? As you can see I am completely in the dark here so I would really appreciate any advice! Thanks!
Reply 1
Pretty sure Clifford Chance do a Dubai training contract, sure a number of firms do. Clyde and co are pretty big over there.

If you ever have ambition to work in London it is apparently far easier to move to UAE from London than the other way around.
Reply 2
Original post by montyr
Pretty sure Clifford Chance do a Dubai training contract, sure a number of firms do. Clyde and co are pretty big over there.

If you ever have ambition to work in London it is apparently far easier to move to UAE from London than the other way around.

Thanks! I'm currently applying for vacation schemes in the UK which will hopefully be a foot in the door for me. Maybe then I can make a lateral move to the UAE like you say. I'll take a look at those training contract though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending