The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Uni law query 2020

I wonder if any current Nottingham uni Law students can help with a query? When I attended the open day, the lecturer said Nottingham pride themselves on their small seminar teaching group size. Saying that after Oxford/Camb it had the smallest of any other uni. Mentioned 8 -10. Is this accurate?
There's 16 in my seminar group, but only 6-9 people in my tutorials, dependent upon if people from other tutorial slots have had to swap for a week or not.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Jackaleksandr
There's 16 in my seminar group, but only 6-9 people in my tutorials, dependent upon if people from other tutorial slots have had to swap for a week or not.

Thanks for the info. How often do you have seminars and tutorial? Once each a week?
Original post by Lawnut
Thanks for the info. How often do you have seminars and tutorial? Once each a week?

I have seminars once a week until Christmas, and then tutorials at every other week per module. One week I have contract and then the following week I have public and tort.
Reply 4
Thank you. Are you enjoying the course? Is the workload manageable? I've heard good things about it so I'm hoping so!
I'm mostly enjoying the course. I don't like Understanding Law, but that's just a personal thing. If you keep up with the work, it's manageable. It's just trying to do the work, attend all the society events and do all the law firm applications at the same time. Bit stressed, but it's good and I enjoy it otherwise.
Reply 6
Original post by Jackaleksandr
I'm mostly enjoying the course. I don't like Understanding Law, but that's just a personal thing. If you keep up with the work, it's manageable. It's just trying to do the work, attend all the society events and do all the law firm applications at the same time. Bit stressed, but it's good and I enjoy it otherwise.

I can imagine but amazing that you’re doing it all. Thanks again and best of luck with the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending