The Student Room Group

GCSE Drama Devised piece

Hi, on Tuesday I have my GCSE devised drama performance and I am kinda nervous! Any tips? Does lighting matter within the piece as we haven't included it due to lack of time. Thanks
Hey! Firstly dont fret and stress (I know thats easier said than done), as long as you and your group have been practising and you know your lines it'll all be fine. When you go up there, just enjoy performing it.
When I did my GCSE devised piece I got my group to do energy rising warm ups together and those warm-ups that get the group to work together so we're all in the same sort of mind space.

With the lighting, for my piece the teacher did that. and it was just a normal white spotlight on us as we performed. So id say unless the specification says that you should do the lighting don't worry about it.

Good luck! Hope it goes well!
Reply 2
Original post by Miss Granger
Hey! Firstly dont fret and stress (I know thats easier said than done), as long as you and your group have been practising and you know your lines it'll all be fine. When you go up there, just enjoy performing it.
When I did my GCSE devised piece I got my group to do energy rising warm ups together and those warm-ups that get the group to work together so we're all in the same sort of mind space.

With the lighting, for my piece the teacher did that. and it was just a normal white spotlight on us as we performed. So id say unless the specification says that you should do the lighting don't worry about it.

Good luck! Hope it goes well!

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest