Weird unexplained noises coming from the sky? Watch

erica634
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
A few minutes ago I was out for a walk and I heard this weird noise so I stopped. It was quite loud, but it definitely wasn’t a plane or an animal (I know I sound crazy but I wasn’t the only one that heard it), it sounded like a really consistent hum. It didn’t sound like anything I’ve ever heard before. I googled it and apparently there’s such thing as ambient noise coming from the earth but it really freaked me out. I’ve seen videos online of people experiencing strange unexplained sounds outside and I know it’s common in the UK. Has anyone else heard it??
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by erica634)
I googled it and apparently there’s such thing as ambient noise coming from the earth but it really freaked me out.
What the **** is that supposed to mean? 'ambient noise'??
Hannah._.isobel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It’s called earths trumpets , it’s something to do with high pressure atmosphere changes but scientists are still researching it.for about 1 in 4 people it causes nose bleeds nausea and migraines.
erica634
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hannah._.isobel)
It’s called earths trumpets , it’s something to do with high pressure atmosphere changes but scientists are still researching it.for about 1 in 4 people it causes nose bleeds nausea and migraines.
I thought it would be to do with that but it didn't sound anything like trumpets
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
What the **** is that supposed to mean? 'ambient noise'??
Noise of an ambient nature.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Noise of an ambient nature.
Ooh, right. Well why didn't she just say that then?
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Perhaps she meant yes rather than no, in the sense that no really means yes? :laugh:
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
A few minutes ago I was out for a walk and I heard this weird noise so I stopped. It was quite loud, but it definitely wasn’t a plane or an animal (I know I sound crazy but I wasn’t the only one that heard it), it sounded like a really consistent hum. It didn’t sound like anything I’ve ever heard before. I googled it and apparently there’s such thing as ambient noise coming from the earth but it really freaked me out. I’ve seen videos online of people experiencing strange unexplained sounds outside and I know it’s common in the UK. Has anyone else heard it??
it may have been some underground equipment like a Tube Train or something ?

:holmes:
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
Isn’t it obvious????
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Isn’t it obvious????
Not the sharpest tool in the box, are you? And why are you anon, for no reason?
erica634
Rep:
?
Not the sharpest tool in the box, are you? And why are you anon, for no reason?
????? Do you not already know the definition of “ambience”? As in nature? Don’t insult me for no reason
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
????? Do you not already know the definition of “ambience”? As in nature? Don’t insult me for no reason
Well done for coming off Anon. Now I can report you
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The definition of ambience (I assume that you meant ambient though) has nothing to do with nature. Does that qualify you to receive insults?
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It was me. I was trying to think of what to say to humanity that wouldn't cause them to hate themselves even more, so went with humming.
erica634
Rep:
?
Well done for coming off Anon. Now I can report you
Why are you reporting me you literally swore at me and insulted me leave me alone
Woosaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I heard wierd noises the night before last. Same day as you I believe. It sounded like really slow grinding metal to me? Heard it all night out my window. Was loud and deep sounding.
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum :beard:
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Daddies hummies RoyalSheepy
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You sure you didn't just set off a cat deterrer?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (28)
20.9%
Labour (67)
50%
Liberal Democrats (15)
11.19%
Green Party (10)
7.46%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
2.99%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (2)
1.49%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)