The Student Room Group

CapitalOne 2020 video interview

Hello, has anyone applied for internships or graduate roles at capital one? It seems like there isn't much information about their interviews, so if anyone's gone through the process and would like to share some tips, that would be great!
Reply 1
Original post by escaff
Hello, has anyone applied for internships or graduate roles at capital one? It seems like there isn't much information about their interviews, so if anyone's gone through the process and would like to share some tips, that would be great!

There's plenty of info online. Just like with any other company, practice the common interview questions and do some research on what the company does, their competitors, their services and products etc. Read some news and reports about them too.

What did you apply for? I applied for Operations graduate scheme and still waiting for results for vid interview.
Reply 2
Has anyone heard back? I completed the vid interview and did not hear back :frown:
Reply 3
Any updates after the video interview? I completed mine yesterday and was wondering roughly how long I should wait for a response, if at all.
I have also been invited to complete the video interview. How did people find it and what is the best way to prepare?
Original post by Alvie
Any updates after the video interview? I completed mine yesterday and was wondering roughly how long I should wait for a response, if at all.

I have also been invited to complete the video interview. How did you find it and what is the best way to prepare?
Reply 6
Original post by carld1998
I have also been invited to complete the video interview. How did you find it and what is the best way to prepare?

Mainly just standard interview questions, just find the common ones online and practice them. After the say the question, you get a few mins to prepare your answer before you hit record
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by kkboyk
There's plenty of info online. Just like with any other company, practice the common interview questions and do some research on what the company does, their competitors, their services and products etc. Read some news and reports about them too.

What did you apply for? I applied for Operations graduate scheme and still waiting for results for vid interview.

Hi, I also applied for Operation graduate programme. Have you got your video interview result? May I ask that is there any numerical problems in the video interview?
Reply 8
Original post by Kasia2020
Hi! I’m experiencing the same thing, I have just been invited to a vid interview. I was wondering how you got on and if you could please share your experience of the video interview? Thank you ☺️

Hi, have you already done that video interview? And may I know your programme and ask that is there any numerical problems in the video interview?
Reply 9
I tried to complete it but was stuck on a β€œconnecting” sign without even answering 1st question! What about you?

Oh, I am so sorry about that. Try to connect with Capital One to solve it and I suppose they will give you another chance. I suppose I will do it today cause it is the deadline.
Reply 10
Many thanks! I hope you will hear from them as soon as possible. It's good for just 5 questions. By the way, are you applying for operation programme? And have you seen any numerical questions in the vid interview? Or just normal interview questions?
Reply 11
Thanks! Yeah I’m applying for the operations programme & no idea about the questions as it crashed before I got to attempt any

Thank you! Hope it will be resolved soon. Best wishes!
Original post by Helen516
Thank you! Hope it will be resolved soon. Best wishes!

Hey how did you find it? I thought the questions were a little repetitive. Any news on if you have progressed?πŸ˜„
Anyone heard anything about Assessment Centres? I applied for the Risk Management Grad programme and had my video interview in February. I emailed them a few days ago and haven't heard anything back. I assume they are focusing on staying afloat at the moment, although I thought that there might have been some communication .
Original post by Tedmonds
Anyone heard anything about Assessment Centres? I applied for the Risk Management Grad programme and had my video interview in February. I emailed them a few days ago and haven't heard anything back. I assume they are focusing on staying afloat at the moment, although I thought that there might have been some communication .

I completed the vid interview, heard nothing back from when I emailed asking about progress.. then been sent a generic interview survey with no telling if I got through/ feedback on vid or anythingπŸ˜‚
I completed the vid interview, heard nothing back from when I emailed asking about progress.. then been sent a generic interview survey with no telling if I got through/ feedback on vid or anythingπŸ˜‚

Weird! I didn't get through anyway - said that they were moving forward with other candidates. It stung quite a lot getting the bloody survey through after haha.
Original post by Tedmonds
Weird! I didn't get through anyway - said that they were moving forward with other candidates. It stung quite a lot getting the bloody survey through after haha.

Aww it sucks doesn’t it haha. Did you get any video feedback? I contacted the usa email and they replied but uk one hasn’t responded which I think isn’t really professional but what can you do
Aww it sucks doesn’t it haha. Did you get any video feedback? I contacted the usa email and they replied but uk one hasn’t responded which I think isn’t really professional but what can you do

Nope no feedback! Which is surprising tbh. Hope you have better luck with it!
Original post by escaff

Hi, from what I've seen from Capital One Career page they talk a lot about one way video interviews. Would recommend looking into practice video interview platforms online to help practice and feel comfortable doing these and the different types of questions you may face! For the interview I'd personally recommend looking at the STAR method which can be really useful for answering different questions. Hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest