minimoo_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi all!
I thought I would make a forum specifically for Fitz applicants this year, as i haven't seen one...
I guess we can start with some introductions...

GCSE/A level Predictions?
What course did you choose?
Why did you choose to apply to Cambridge?
Why Fitz?

I'm applying for HSPS! Hoping to go the Anthropology/Sociology route... I'm currently doing Biology (A*) Sociology (A) Economics (A) and History (A) - all predictions and i got 6A*s and 2As at GCSE... I chose cambridge because i love the place and the ethos of learning and taking education seriously, and i chose Fitz because of all the colleges i visited i felt so at home there and it just felt like the right choice, not much more to it than that! Checking my emails frantically to see if im going to get an interview invite... eek!!
mina..
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Applying to read architecture and I'm predicted A*AA in Art, Maths and Physics. Anyone know when Fitz contacts applicants about interviews?
jessicae31
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Applying to Fitz for History, predicted A*A*A in Ancient History, Philosophy and English Lit and Lang respectively, just loved Fitz when I visited, anxiously waiting to hear from them !!
xAndie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Applying for the 4 year classics course, predicted A*A*A* in biology, religious studies and classical civilisation. I was highly commended in the Fitz essay competition and loved it there, I also visited for a state school girls conducting course where I fell in love with the gardens aha. Yet to hear anything obvs
marimekko1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi!!!

I also applied for HSPS. The AHAA absolutely killed me, I got quite a severe anxiety attack during it because I was so nervous so I don't expect to get an interview.

Good luck to everyone!
minimoo_
Rep:
?
(Original post by marimekko1234)
Hi!!!

I also applied for HSPS. The AHAA absolutely killed me, I got quite a severe anxiety attack during it because I was so nervous so I don't expect to get an interview.

Good luck to everyone!
Oh my god thats awful! cant believe that happened i also have anxiety and it screwed over two of my AS papers which brought my av. UMS score wayy down ugh. Wrote about it on SAQ though so hoping they arent too harsh on it... Good luck!! Keep your hopes high, you never know!
minimoo_
Rep:
?
(Original post by mina..)
Applying to read architecture and I'm predicted A*AA in Art, Maths and Physics. Anyone know when Fitz contacts applicants about interviews?
From looking at last years stats it seems that after the 20th is when they send out invites... though ive only properly looked out for my courses stats. it seems as though 22/24/26 are the days im going to be looking out for. eeek. so nervous!
marimekko1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by minimoo_)
Oh my god thats awful! cant believe that happened i also have anxiety and it screwed over two of my AS papers which brought my av. UMS score wayy down ugh. Wrote about it on SAQ though so hoping they arent too harsh on it... Good luck!! Keep your hopes high, you never know!
No idea what AS or UMS is, I'm applying from outside the UK.

And thank you for wishing me luck. <3 Same to you.
ali__k
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Applying for History! A*A*A in History, Psychology and English Lit.

Has anyone heard from them regarding interviews yet!?
lydiarutharnold
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
GCSE/A level Predictions?
GCSE: 99987AAAA6B
A level predictions: Maths (A*) Further Maths (A*) French (A*) Politics (A)
What course did you choose? Maths
Why did you choose to apply to Cambridge? I like their teaching style and the course has a lot of choice and opportunity to choose different modules. Also more time to prepare for the STEP, rather than doing the MAT in october)
Why Fitz? Stayed there for my sutton trust summer school and thought it was lovely (and close to maths building)
tangledmonkey99
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Applying for physical Nat Sci.
A level predictions: 3A* in Maths,Physics, Chem.
I liked Fitz the most when I went on the open day but I'm not expecting much cos my NSAA was bad
lemon_meringue
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey,
I’ve applied for Med with predictions A*,A*,A,A but the BMAT... :/

I really liked the atmosphere of Cambridge and Fitz was super friendly and more modern.

Honestly doubt I’ll get an interview offer at this point and even if I do I’m absolutely terrified it will go awfully.
dims_videnlieva
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hiya! Applying for Physical NatSci here 😃 Predicted: 4 A*s in Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry, doing an EPQ as well

Why Cambridge: the amount of knowledge you could gain in the university by some of the world's best academics is amazing

Why Fitz: they have ovens. I didn't see much difference between the colleges... so I applied to one that seemed to have good kitchens. I visited the college after applying and completely fell in love with it, so I definitely made the right choice!
bblc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
From looking at last years stats it seems that after the 20th is when they send out invites... though ive only properly looked out for my courses stats. it seems as though 22/24/26 are the days im going to be looking out for. eeek. so nervous!
Hi, may I know where we can find the stats? Are they on past threads or something?
minimoo_
Rep:
?
(Original post by bblc)
Hi, may I know where we can find the stats? Are they on past threads or something?
Yea look for past interview threads, theres usually excel spreadsheets
bblc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yea look for past interview threads, theres usually excel spreadsheets
oh I see! Thanks so much :-)
StrangeRDangeR02
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
GCSE Grades - A*A^998777766
A Level Predicted - A*A*A*A (Maths, Further, Phys, Comp Sci)
Applying for Computer Science

I chose to apply to Cambridge because the course just seemed incredibly interesting. I don't think I'm good enough to get in, and the CTMUA was an absolute nightmare of an exam, but I really hope I do. Plus, Cambridge is a lovely place, so there's not really any complaints.

Fitz was just me. I can't explain why I liked it there so much. Was stuck between there and Churchill, but in the end Fitz just felt a lot more welcoming. Plus there's a lot of plug sockets and I'll end up using all of them
marimekko1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey so I've got an update no one asked for

I was right. I didn't get an interview. *clown emoji*. It probably went to a private school educated person, and oddly enough I am fine with that. lol im still salty af.

To everyone who got an interview and will get into Cambridge, best of luck. Go change the world and make it a better place.
jessicae31
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by marimekko1234)
Hey so I've got an update no one asked for

I was right. I didn't get an interview. *clown emoji*. It probably went to a private school educated person, and oddly enough I am fine with that. lol im still salty af.

To everyone who got an interview and will get into Cambridge, best of luck. Go change the world and make it a better place.
so sad to see u didn’t get an interview !! best of luck to you wherever you end up
MedicPls
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by lemon_meringue)
Hey,
I’ve applied for Med with predictions A*,A*,A,A but the BMAT... :/

I really liked the atmosphere of Cambridge and Fitz was super friendly and more modern.

Honestly doubt I’ll get an interview offer at this point and even if I do I’m absolutely terrified it will go awfully.
hey fellow medic! how'd bmat go??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (59)
18.91%
Labour (153)
49.04%
Liberal Democrats (44)
14.1%
Green Party (20)
6.41%
Brexit Party (4)
1.28%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.96%
SNP (7)
2.24%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.64%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.28%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)