The Student Room Group

[Official] Fitzwilliam College Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tiddles20
Just got an email for Geography - interview 13th December, phew...

How do you feel about it coming by email though? Mine came as a letter two weeks ago tomorrow, are you slightly annoyed that you consequently have less time to prepare or have you started this already?
Original post by Deggs_14
How do you feel about it coming by email though? Mine came as a letter two weeks ago tomorrow, are you slightly annoyed that you consequently have less time to prepare or have you started this already?

Well I’m afraid there is nothing I can do about it.. just do my best.
Got a Geography interview!!
Original post by dy_namic
Got a Geography interview!!

Congratulations! Did yours come as an email? And did it come with an article that you have to read and prepare beforehand?
Great news... when is it ?
Has anyone had any issues with sending off their reply slip? I sent mine off but then I got an email saying that I hadn’t. I’d tried to contact the admissions office but it goes to voicemail
English!

I take A - Levels - English lit, sociology, psychology and an EPQ - predicted A* A* A A

Was invited to interview - theyre such nice people but i rlly messed up
I forgot to pause to think and the answers were really wishy washy, long - did not even get to elaborate on any extra reading :frown:
Even submitted work in with a spelling mistake!

Completely screwed it up so I don't really have high hopes for the 15th - in fact I dont think I will want to check my emails that day at all :frown:

How was everyone else's interviews?!
Original post by Fxzxvo
English!

I take A - Levels - English lit, sociology, psychology and an EPQ - predicted A* A* A A

Was invited to interview - theyre such nice people but i rlly messed up
I forgot to pause to think and the answers were really wishy washy, long - did not even get to elaborate on any extra reading :frown:
Even submitted work in with a spelling mistake!

Completely screwed it up so I don't really have high hopes for the 15th - in fact I dont think I will want to check my emails that day at all :frown:

How was everyone else's interviews?!

I applied for Law!
And honestly completely messed it up. I was just too overwhelmed and forgot to take a moment and think before responding so I am not optimistic at all but fingers crossed we both get what we want :smile:
Original post by Miongo
I applied for Law!
And honestly completely messed it up. I was just too overwhelmed and forgot to take a moment and think before responding so I am not optimistic at all but fingers crossed we both get what we want :smile:

I think we may overthink the situation too much! But hopefully xx, what A levels do u take??
Original post by Fxzxvo
I think we may overthink the situation too much! But hopefully xx, what A levels do u take??

We'll be finding out soon arghhh, I'm so so anxious
I do Chemistry, English Literature and French (weird mix ik)
Original post by Miongo
We'll be finding out soon arghhh, I'm so so anxious
I do Chemistry, English Literature and French (weird mix ik)

Wow I do chemistry, geography and french so we’re quite similar! Love that you chose to do the subjects you love for a level just like me :biggrin:
Original post by Deggs_14
Wow I do chemistry, geography and french so we’re quite similar! Love that you chose to do the subjects you love for a level just like me :biggrin:

That's so lovely to hear! Everyone in my college acts like it's an abomination to do a science without maths or an additional science 🙄 so its nice to know I'm not the only one! :smile:
Original post by Miongo
That's so lovely to hear! Everyone in my college acts like it's an abomination to do a science without maths or an additional science 🙄 so its nice to know I'm not the only one! :smile:

I think it’s simply that it’s much easier to tackle the maths component of the sciences (mainly chemistry and physics) with a background in maths
Hi! Really amazed/suprised to get an offer for NatSci! A couple mates at other colleges got A*A*A* offers?!? Has anyone heard from Fitz?
Original post by chickenlashes
Hi! Really amazed/suprised to get an offer for NatSci! A couple mates at other colleges got A*A*A* offers?!? Has anyone heard from Fitz?

I haven’t heard anything back about offers ( literally refreshing UCAS every 5 seconds 😂😂) it should soon tho ( I got an offer for history and politics at Fitzs and was soooo happy) good luck with what ever your offer is :smile:
Hahaha! I think the letters might be there tomorrow before the system update? But history and politics sounds amazing and I hope we both meet the conditions! Really well done :smile:
I got in for Natsci but haven’t received my letter or ucas track update
Getting kinda stressed😂
Does anyone else know when it will update
Neither! I’m kinda stressed too... but i think it’ll be A*A*A* which is crazy! Haven’t heard of anyone yet with a A*A*A offer
Yeh when did the letter get posted?
Did ur email say not to mention anything till 31st Jan?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending