lsh6676
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am really interested in studying medicine but for GCSEs I got seven grades 8-9, two grade 7 and one grade 5 (which was English language ). I know universities look at work experience and personal statements as well as GCSE grades but I am just worried that my grade in English language will limit my opportunities.

I re-sat my GCSE English language at the start of November and I have to wait until January to get the results but I am unsure on whether my grade will improve.

Providing I get the required a-level grades do you think my 5 in GCSE English language (I got a 7 in lit but I don't think universities look at this) will matter and if my grade does improve in the resit results will universities accept this?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lsh6676)
...Providing I get the required a-level grades do you think my 5 in GCSE English language (I got a 7 in lit but I don't think universities look at this) will matter and if my grade does improve in the resit results will universities accept this?
There are quite a few medical schools which requires more than 5 in GCSE English Language, so if you have a Grade 5 you'll need to consider resitting it again, or applying to ones that don't have such a requirement.

Here is a list of the entry requirements of all UK medical schools: https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.63%
I don't have everything I need (260)
44.37%

Watched Threads