The Student Room Group

[Official] Homerton College Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexmatt1
Did anyone get an interview for the 5th? (I'm Engineering)

Got one for the 6th, how prepared do you feel for it?
Original post by nathan.boachie
Got one for the 6th, how prepared do you feel for it?

Same, for engineering
Original post by feshuuuuu
geography here

geography here too!
Anyone knows whether Engineers will have a pre-interview 'maths and physics quiz' sort of thing? If so, it would be great if you could share how you are prepping for it and describe what the format may be like. Thanks!
Original post by Ricardomortimer
Anyone knows whether Engineers will have a pre-interview 'maths and physics quiz' sort of thing? If so, it would be great if you could share how you are prepping for it and describe what the format may be like. Thanks!

Don't think there is one - they haven't said there is.
Applied for History and Politics, got an interview on 12th Dec
Reply 226
My interview is tomorrow and I'm going up tonight. Homerton has allocated me a room but I stupidly didn't ask if bedding and towels are provided. Anyone stayed already? Will I need to bring my own?
Original post by Mel242
My interview is tomorrow and I'm going up tonight. Homerton has allocated me a room but I stupidly didn't ask if bedding and towels are provided. Anyone stayed already? Will I need to bring my own?

Just stayed the night! You won’t need to bring towels or bedding they’re provided for you :smile:
Reply 228
I had my Engineering interview on 5th December.
Reply 229
Thanks! Hope your interview went well!
Reply 230
i’m nervous..
How do you feel about your engineering interviews? I think my first one was mediocre at best... The second one was way better but still, I wonder if it would be sufficient to fix the awkwardness of the first one... They are probably asking themselves if this is actually the same person who attended both lol
Original post by space_surfer
How do you feel about your engineering interviews? I think my first one was mediocre at best... The second one was way better but still, I wonder if it would be sufficient to fix the awkwardness of the first one... They are probably asking themselves if this is actually the same person who attended both lol

Haha same here bro, I'm assuming we had the same interviewers (Kipsolis, Simone, stopher, and gebril). My first one was going fine until the woman asked me something I had no clue about. Least to say I struggled. The second one was pretty chill and I got through most of it without needing prompts, but I did need it once or twice. Did you get stuck and ask for help aswell?
Haha same here bro, I'm assuming we had the same interviewers (Kipsolis, Simone, stopher, and gebril). My first one was going fine until the woman asked me something I had no clue about. Least to say I struggled. The second one was pretty chill and I got through most of it without needing prompts, but I did need it once or twice. Did you get stuck and ask for help aswell?

We started with some really simple mechanics questions which I just felt obliged to approach in the most complicated way possible lol. And when she told me she wasn't trying to trick me, I was like 'yep, she is definitely trying to trick me.'
In general, I feel like I wasted too much time on these problems and we couldn't get to the more complex ones. And yeah, I did ask questions in both interviews, but it was only during the second one that I got to feel like we were having an actual productive discussion... ugh, I don't know... I feel like I wasn't given an opportunity to show my full potential... I guess we'll have to wait until Jan 15
Original post by space_surfer
We started with some really simple mechanics questions which I just felt obliged to approach in the most complicated way possible lol. And when she told me she wasn't trying to trick me, I was like 'yep, she is definitely trying to trick me.'
In general, I feel like I wasted too much time on these problems and we couldn't get to the more complex ones. And yeah, I did ask questions in both interviews, but it was only during the second one that I got to feel like we were having an actual productive discussion... ugh, I don't know... I feel like I wasn't given an opportunity to show my full potential... I guess we'll have to wait until Jan 15

True, I feel the same way. Not enough maths aswell but whatever. Good luck 👍
True, I feel the same way. Not enough maths aswell but whatever. Good luck 👍

You too :smile:
my geo interviews were a bit bad rip

Simone was rather vague wasn't she? Didn't really know what she wanted, I struggled a bit but eventually got through the questions, but still :/
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by feshuuuuu
my geo interviews were a bit bad rip

When did you have yours? I had mine Saturday.
Hi all!
A little late to the party 😂
Had an interview for CompSci Dec 13th. Did anyone else interview for CompSci?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending